Dog hunting article in the news

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And herein lies a big pile of stinking :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk.

Among those in opposition to the practice is Erica Geppi, state director of the Humane Society of the United States and a member of the umbrella organization the N.C. Animal Federation. Animal rights advocates are concerned about the welfare of both the dogs and the deer in hound hunting.

"We think hunting needs more oversight and parameters," Geppi says. "We consider hunting with dogs a nonsporting practice, on the deer's behalf."

Trainers keep dogs lean to aid with their pursuit of deer, Kea says.

"When the dogs are running, they keep the dogs really slim or trim, they are almost on the verge of being starved," he says. "Some animal rights people don't like the way the dogs are treated. You can get a whole lot of people stirred up about that kind of thing."

Adds Geppi: "They tend to keep [dogs] chained outside 24–7. They want to keep that wild instinct alive."

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
These nut jobs stick there nose in everything and keep the pot stirred up. It is crazy how much people take there garbage as the truth.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
These nut jobs stick there nose in everything and keep the pot stirred up. It is crazy how much people take there garbage as the truth.
And when they get through in one venue they move right on to another. They have stopped bear hunting and even mourning dove hunting in different states. We are fooling ourselves to not take them seriously.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
The threat is real. Animal rights groups got all hunting mammals with dogs stopped in California. They will not stop at hunting with dogs, they want all hunting stopped. One at a time. We as all hunters have to stand together, whether we hunt with dogs or not.

RJ1

Ten Pointer
Yep the threat is real,that's why I do not allow anything about my hunts to be posted on public web sites such as locations of hunts,pictures or videos of the hunts, names of hunters, the fastest way to not ever hunt with me again is to let me find something about them on such a site.I have had some of these people show up at a couple of hunts I was on out of state.I even have some that live around our farm.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I think the worst thing we can do is support all of the "TV hunting" shows. I always thought that hunting, especially the killing part, was a personal matter between the hunter and the game, not something you paste all over the media. To me it shows a lack of respect for the sport and the animal. There are exceptions, such as the show "Meat Eater", where the guy starts gnawing on the carcass the moment it hits the ground and reminding us numerous times of the respect he had for the animal. It's the clown who videos himself killing a deer for its "rack", like the animal was some kind of inanimate object that never lived, breathed, or pumped blood, that sickens me and makes me ashamed to be called a hunter. We all know that hunting is a blood sport, but let's try to keep the blood among ourselves and our beloved dogs.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I think the worst thing we can do is support all of the "TV hunting" shows. I always thought that hunting, especially the killing part, was a personal matter between the hunter and the game, not something you paste all over the media. To me it shows a lack of respect for the sport and the animal. There are exceptions, such as the show "Meat Eater", where the guy starts gnawing on the carcass the moment it hits the ground and reminding us numerous times of the respect he had for the animal. It's the clown who videos himself killing a deer for its "rack", like the animal was some kind of inanimate object that never lived, breathed, or pumped blood, that sickens me and makes me ashamed to be called a hunter. We all know that hunting is a blood sport, but let's try to keep the blood among ourselves and our beloved dogs.

concur,,,,,,,,to much dang fist bumping before they even retrieve the game,,,,,and it's all about the trophy on most of those shows,,,,,why when I do watch, I only watch a couple, three of them

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I quit watching hunting shows years ago. Well, actually back then they were mainly VHS and not on TV.

Commercialization of hunting will ruin hunting and has made it some sort of competition.

Last edited:

croatankid

I can't stand to see animals killed as if it's life didn't matter. I support hunting, shooting and killing of all game animals though I don't kill them myself. All of us must remember that politics drive every thing. All politics are local. Get involved. All you have to do is join your local republican party, go to the monthly meetings and you'll find many people who want to fix things. No one must do it all but all of us can do just a little. It's time for every patriate to stand in the gap.

treestock

Four Pointer
Yup

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk