Why voting matters

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Today the Democrats offered an amendment to make it unlawful to buy, transfer or own any shotgun ammunition magazine or device capable of holding more than 8 rounds, or 15 rounds for other firearms in North Carolina.

All but one Democrat voted for the ban. All GOP voted against the amendment was defeated.

http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/vote...ranscript.pl?sSession=2017&sChamber=H&RCS=587

Elections have consequences.

And a few of your posts are actually worthwhile!!

Delete the next 99 you type, and you'll be on a roll

Got a similar proposal to essentially delete the need for CCW permits. How will that pan you do you figure? I hop well.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
And a few of your posts are actually worthwhile!!

Delete the next 99 you type, and you'll be on a roll

Got a similar proposal to essentially delete the need for CCW permits. How will that pan you do you figure? I hop well.

It passed the house. I don't see where it will eliminate the need for CCW permits unless you're a homebody that never leaves the state. You'll likely need it for reciprocity with other states unless someone tells me differently.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
It passed the house. I don't see where it will eliminate the need for CCW permits unless you're a homebody that never leaves the state. You'll likely need it for reciprocity with other states unless someone tells me differently.

True, unless national reciprocity becomes law. Last time I saw that pushed, No permit needed in home state, no permit needed in any state is how it was written.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
If that's the case, folks can use the ol' 14th (anti-10th as they interpret it, but it ain't so) "equal protections" argument to make it national.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
It's good to let good Members know responsible gun owners are on watch...

d09ce7312c89ad64fc8e73533d50c7c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
True, unless national reciprocity becomes law. Last time I saw that pushed, No permit needed in home state, no permit needed in any state is how it was written.

Californian law makers would go insane

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Watch out. If passed, would only allow permitless CC where OC is permitted. You would still need CHP to carry on educational property, or where alcohol served, etc., even in NC.