Gun changes billl passes state house!

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
GATTOTP section
"§ 14-277.6. Going armed to the terror of the people.
26 (a) A person who arms himself or herself with an unusual and dangerous weapon for
27 the purpose of terrifying others and goes about on public highways in a manner to cause terror
28 to the people is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
29 (b) No person shall be convicted of a violation of subsection (a) of this section based
30 only on the person's possession or carrying of a handgun, whether openly or concealed."
31 SECTION 7.4. This part becomes effective December 1, 2017, and applies to
32 offenses committed on or after that date

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I kinda like it the way it is. Now if I didn't have cc permit I might would be for it. Got mine about 15 years ago. Sure there are plenty of bozos that got a cc, and some may consider me one, but I think even a higher percentage of them may end up carrying. May be wrong. Hope so.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
One point that was made, cops could no longer charge thugs with a concealed weapon. In my mind that takes away one more tool for them. On the other hand a CC permit is only for people who follow the law anyway.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One point that was made, cops could no longer charge thugs with a concealed weapon. In my mind that takes away one more tool for them. On the other hand a CC permit is only for people who follow the law anyway.
More times than not they are going to be felons, so you can charge them with that. Or if they are in the act of committing a crime you can still charge them with using a weapon for that. It only is a small charge they are loosing.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Keep up the pressure, ol "flew the coop" may try to veto.. god he's such a freaking moron. Hopefully he will be a 1 termer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That armed to terror charge is what a few certain counties use to prevent open carry.

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
If it does go on through you will probably see a lot more gun buster signs on doors. Not very smart to allow this with people that have not proven they can hit what they intend to. I swear our legislature gets dumber by the minute.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
If it does go on through you will probably see a lot more gun buster signs on doors. Not very smart to allow this with people that have not proven they can hit what they intend to. I swear our legislature gets dumber by the minute.

The class for CC proves nothing.

So in other words you don't care for the US Constitution and don't like a law that would give it back to us and let people protect themselves?

One more time people worry about a small group of people, what they could maybe at one point do, and use it to take away rights of other....

What about a law that limits all cars and trucks to 70 mph because people die everyday driving faster and can also kill more people.

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
The class will show if you have some common sense and can handle the weapon. So in other words you are saying that if somebody gets hit with a stray bullet because an untrained person fired it, just chalk it up to his constitutional right to do so? It's a stupid idea and it's my opinion. I could care less whether you agree with it or not.

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
And I really don't think it is wise to lower the age to 18 for the simple reason of self control. I think most of us can look back at our tempers then and now and notice a difference.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
The class will show if you have some common sense and can handle the weapon. So in other words you are saying that if somebody gets hit with a stray bullet because an untrained person fired it, just chalk it up to his constitutional right to do so? It's a stupid idea and it's my opinion. I could care less whether you agree with it or not.

The training is nothing but watching tv and then pulling the trigger at very short range.
All you got to do it hit the target. If you dont they will let you try again.

You have a better chance if being hit by a bullet fired from a thug then someone that is protecting there life with a gun.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
And I really don't think it is wise to lower the age to 18 for the simple reason of self control. I think most of us can look back at our tempers then and now and notice a difference.

Tell that to an 18 year old infantryman. Sure they have more training, but they're still 18. That has little to do with it. I know 18 year olds I'd trust my life with, and 40 year olds I don't trust with a nail gun. Try again...

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

The age is already 18- for open carry & private sales. Do your research. There are stats out there showing that folks in states with constitutional carry, train & practice more then states with "regular permits". And it's also been proven over the years, most gun owners/carriers train & shoot more on average then the typical street cop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
Tell that to an 18 year old infantryman. Sure they have more training, but they're still 18. That has little to do with it. I know 18 year olds I'd trust my life with, and 40 year olds I don't trust with a nail gun. Try again...

Key word there is training. And since you brought up the military then discipline comes to mind. Regardless, I respect that you have a different opinion and have better things to do than argue about it with a keyboard. We can't control the outcome no matter what we think at this point.

Last edited:

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer

Amen! Magically at 21 they get wise and level headed. Know plenty of 40-50 years that must be teenagers when it comes to wisdom, responsibility, and tempers.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Key word there is training. That is my whole point. And since you brought up the military then discipline comes to mind.

That is the key word training.
There in none and the little let me load the gun, help you point it then pull the trigger and hit the 3x4 paper 7 yards in front of you is not training.

I helped with a few classes. They are a joke. My friend stopped because people had no clue what to do and after many times telling them it is range time. Go to your car or truck get you unloaded gun, make sure it is unloaded, in a case, ammo in box or other storage container... Make sure unloaded....

They would walk on the range with a loaded gun, in their hand, finger on trigger.....

It is not training. I have been to many classes, helped teach a few, stopped and will not even be at the range when they have them.

BTW the people that will CC due to this bill now OC or CC now or keep on at home or work.

The passing of this will nkt change the number of guns out there, or cause any problems more than we have now.

That was the same for the CC law.
Remember all the people that stated raleigh would become the wild west?
we would start having shootouts in the streets and building along with workplaces?

It has not happened.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Key word there is training. .

Do you have CC? Been to a CC class?
Have you ever OC? Wished you could CC at a gas station late at night before you had CC or now if you OC.

That is who this is directed at. Let people that now OC by the law because they dont want to pay the tax to CC carry more and defend themselves.

BTW I have had CC for many years from the first year they did it.

I will keep my CC to be able to CC in all the states I travel in.

Last edited:

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone who thinks the CC class in any way shape or form makes a person who takes it 'qualified' to carry a pistol concealed is living in a dream world. This is yet another tax and way to deny a person one of the few rights that is CLEARLY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY laid out in the constitution. This is just as asinine and stupid as the pistol purchase permit crap we have here. It is unneeded and unnecessary. You already have a background check performed through NICS which is all most sheriffs departments do any way. It's just a form of control that the government was never intended to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns

Nailed it !

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Maybe this has been mentioned already, or it's possible I'm missing something entirely, but does this do away with all of the steps lead up to receiving a permit? As in no background check etc?

Combat Diver

Eight Pointer
Your considered an adult at 18 for law, enlisting, marriage, voting, buying property. Stop making them second class citizens with this 21 yo BS. A 70 yo woman has every right to carry for her protection and she would be the most vulnerable. Need to get our rights back from the government.

CD

double

Twelve Pointer

The class is a joke. If there is a class it needs to be state given not given by a private citizen. Most people know someone who will short the time of the class or even skip the class all together and give you the teat answers for the right $ amount.

cmcarter

Six Pointer
Maybe this has been mentioned already, or it's possible I'm missing something entirely, but does this do away with all of the steps lead up to receiving a permit? As in no background check etc?

No. It will still require a CC permit or pistol permit to purchase or transfer a pistol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cmcarter

Six Pointer
I have been hoping to see a reasonable and educated opposition argument to this bill proposal. So far I haven't seen one.

I understand the worry that an untrained person can conceal a pistol....but that worry is there even for that person owning a pistol period. Should we bar them from owning a pistol? Absolutely not.

I read the opposition from the law enforcement officers that came out and opposed the bill. They claim that they wont be able to tell a criminal from a law abiding citizen. They claim that now they wont be able to charge people with conceal carrying without a permit. But neither of those are sound arguments - a criminal will conceal carry regardless - and the law abiding citizen is no more of a threat now because he is carrying a cc than before. As for not being able to charge a criminal with not having a CC permit, there's an easy fix for that, run the numbers on the gun and if his name doesn't come up as the owner then charge him for that...

The arguments against this bill sounds exactly like the arguments that people used to oppose CC with permits. I think as a gentleman stated here "NC will become like the wild Wild West...shootouts in the streets.."

For the record, I have my CC too..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Untrained people already carry. People use the class and getting a ccw permit as being "trained" when in fact it only scratches the surface.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Untrained people already carry. People use the class and getting a ccw permit as being "trained" when in fact it only scratches the surface.

^^This. My wife asked me just last night about getting her permit and taking the class.
She knows how to shoot, run the guns, stay safe, all that. But I told her I want her at the range at least twice a month for a while once she gets her class done.

It's crazy the amount of people I know that CC with a permit and never go to the range, never practice drawing from their concealed holster, never shoot defensively, etc.
That's the most important part of carrying. If you can't stop a threat cause you didn't practice then all you're doing is carrying around an expensive paperweight in your pocket...

hog&deerhunter

Ten Pointer

No it doesn't. It's a false sense of security to think that permits somehow separate the good guys from the bad guys. The trained from the untrained. There are plenty of trained good guys without permits.

Last edited: