New truck search is like.....

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Must not have found the right ring yet...

When are we going diving? I still owe you a few bucks!

Man whenever you get some time! I keep trying to tell her that I am looking for a diamond and maybe a gold coin at the bottom of the ocean to give her! If I just go buy a ring how am i suppose to justify diving to her??

double

Twelve Pointer
Doing a little more research on New trucks and from what I can tell Ram is the only one of the big 3 that have any incentives worth looking at. Looks like close to 8k off when building one online. Ford and chevy/gmc have a few hundred here and there but nothing significant.

Chevy has 17% of sticker on LT's. We are doing 20% of our in stock units right now.

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
Man whenever you get some time! I keep trying to tell her that I am looking for a diamond and maybe a gold coin at the bottom of the ocean to give her! If I just go buy a ring how am i suppose to justify diving to her??

I've got some bad news for you if you've got to justify going diving!

pamlicomike

Button Buck
I know what you mean about the longer bed. I sell these things at Hastings Ford in Greenville. Out of a hundred or more F150s in stock I've only got 1 Crew cab with the 6.5 bed. My last truck was the longer bed. My current truck is a 5.5 and I sure regret it.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
So people are mentioning getting this or that off "sticker price"...how does that equate to the price listed on the interwebs. I'm not terribly picky other than size engine, and havingevg power windows and door locks (I drive a 98 Tacoma with 286K, anything is a step up right now lol), I see several trucks that somewhat match what I'm looking for. They may say MSRP $55,832 then have a slash through it and say "Online price $43,233". If I go to said dealership, what am I looking to pay? And the above reference is to some Dodges.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
You need to look at fine print.
Sometimes they add extras that are above the sticker and reflect In what they call MSRP.

Steps, tool box, bed liners, chrome .......
All to add to and raise the MSRP.
Go to the site and view factory window sticker then look at all rebates offerd and invoice price.

Most the time if only factory gear it will be
MSRP
invoice
rebates
=
Web price
+
Tax
Tag
Doc
Prep

Make sure the web price does not have rebates you can not get.

Lots of times they add in all rebates that can be stacked...
Most you may not be able to get.
Military, lease trade, new grad, Government, farm, CU or bank......

So to your question

The web price if they did not add in extra rebates you should get the web price plus the TTT, and doc.

Lot of times they will wave doc on new no trade sales.

ridenismo

Six Pointer
Just pulled the trigger on a new to me F150. 2013 lariat with the 6.2L, anything has to better than the 5.4 3V!

country

Ten Pointer
new trucks are priced like they are made of gold (or driven by yuppies). I will keep driving my 97 Chevy and 89 Toyota until the wheels fall off.

double

Twelve Pointer
Internet price is nearly unattainable but if you complain loudly enough you can probably get that price but don't expect much else off. That is for new vehicles of course

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Internet price is nearly unattainable but if you complain loudly enough you can probably get that price but don't expect much else off. That is for new vehicles of course
Yep, I drove to Johnson city Tennessee to get my truck and it took 4 hours of negotiating and having to walk out the door to finally get them to call me back and honor the internet price. Classic bait and switch but I was willing to walk even after driving that far and they finally realized that thank goodness. All a big game so get a game plan together.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I do all of my negotiation either over the phone or thru email. I can't stand the 4 hour process in a dealership with the fake back and forth mess the salesman has to do with the wizard behind the curtain. I refuse to play that game. Best of luck finding the vehicle you are looking for!!

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
The whole back and forth is the worst. I have done that a few times recently and ended up just leaving. You are not a real car salesman if you have no authority to actually make a sale. I tried to deal direct with a manager and you would have thought I was trying to get a meeting with the president.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Best thing I learned was if you know what you want and are ready to deal with a target price.....
Walk in or call ask for sales MGR or floor MGR and deal with them. Not the sales guy that may no nothing about the prices or trucks.

The last several deals I did were on the phone.
They made an offer, I countered lower than I knew I could get it then after he said no, stated this is what I will do now and will get you deposit or check in 30 min to you.
Take it or leave it.
A few said they need to talk and call back, one said they wouod not do that but would get me close but I needed to be there in person, I thanked them and said they would not hear from me and to remove my info and phone number from the system. One, the one I liked and was wanting to buy from said no, told him tha ks and I would keep looking at other dealers....
He then said, are you ready to do something today? Said yes, can be there in 30 min or so print it up if you want to sell it. He said come on up and lets do it.

That dealer was less than the net pricee form the other dealers and the one big one on line that has been talked about.

Best time to look is when you dont need it. They know they need to deal and work to sell if they know it is not a must have.

My opening statements to the normal " Are you here to get a new truck and when you think you need it..... I plan to get one sometime in the next day to 6 month. All depends on finding what I want, the deal I want, if not I keep what I have....

Never say you need it or have plans for it.........
They feel bottom line you will get something and not walk away.

It is easy to walk away on a deal. Go get a drink, lunch, shop, then come back.
Most times your phone will ring soon want to close a deal.
Lot of people want to do everything in one trip. Walk away then close the deal on the phone if needed. There is no requirement to be there in person.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Soo Gadget how about you just take my money and come back with the truck I want at a good price? Thanks for all the advice in this thread.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The company I work for has partner pricing with every auto manufacturer on the planet. One low price, doc fees capped at $99. You can't haggle, but you don't have to do so. We have a code to access dealer inventory, find the vehicle you want, receive the partner pricing online, then just call the dealer and go pick it up. I bought a new truck last April (no trade-in, paid cash), and it was easier than taking a trip to Target on a Saturday afternoon...

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
The company I work for has partner pricing with every auto manufacturer on the planet. One low price, doc fees capped at $99. You can't haggle, but you don't have to do so. We have a code to access dealer inventory, find the vehicle you want, receive the partner pricing online, then just call the dealer and go pick it up. I bought a new truck last April (no trade-in, paid cash), and it was easier than taking a trip to Target on a Saturday afternoon...

is your company hiring?

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Best deal I ever got on a car was my wife's Malibu a few years back. We'd been looking for a while, and had already walked out of that dealership several times "to sleep on it". When we said we were gonna go home and sleep on it the 3rd time in 6 months they started wheelin' and dealin', lol. It helped that it was Friday evening and they hadn't made quota yet....

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I know exactly what you mean, I had a lot of the same trouble. A lot of truck I was finding had a big lift with those skinny little tires that ain't real good off road. I also had trouble finding anything with a tow package and trailer brake controller with reasonable condition price and miles. Settled on a Ram 1500 with 39k miles for $26k

Justin

Old Mossy Horns

Is that off MSRP or another price? If MSRP, then it doesn't seem that big of deal. For what it's worth, I get 10% off one of the major makes, I just found out, and not sure if it's off MSRP or what. If so, doesn't seem like that great of a price.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Is that off MSRP or another price? If MSRP, then it doesn't seem that big of deal. For what it's worth, I get 10% off one of the major makes, I just found out, and not sure if it's off MSRP or what. If so, doesn't seem like that great of a price.

If 10% off dealer invoice its good if no large factory rebates you wouldn't get.
If 10% off mfg invoice then thats a screaming deal.
If 10% off MSRP you are getting screwed.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

The OTD price was 22% off of MSRP, plus sales tax, plus $99 doc fee. No haggling also means time savings, and my time has value...

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
The OTD price was 22% off of MSRP, plus sales tax, plus $99 doc fee. No haggling also means time savings, and my time has value...

That is a great deal and great time saver.

You will need to work hard to get a better deal and would need max rebates.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Fingers crossed, I am going to talk about a truck today. It will be a transfer from GA so we have to do some preliminary negotiations before they will transfer it for me to look at. Online it appears to meet all of my criteria.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Make sure you get the vin number.

If you do that and do not find this dealer to give you a deal then call the dealer that has it and deal with them.

Good Luck.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Make sure you get the vin number.

If you do that and do not find this dealer to give you a deal then call the dealer that has it and deal with them.

Good Luck.

Got the vin and got some negotiationing done. The trucks in networks so I assume they can deal just the same. Long story short I ended up walking out after meeting the "wizard". We are only a few hundred apart and a new set of tires may seal the deal. I think I've got them pretty close to their bottom line since they let me leave so close.

Last edited: