New truck search is like.....

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Yup used. Tires are fine but I'm trying to get all terrains instead of road tires. Carfax checks out. The only issue is that is spent 2 years in Michigan, I think that's fine for such a short period. Commercial then a lease before it ended up in Georgia.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Have you saw very detailed pictures of the truck including undercarriage and interior? Commercial, lease and Michigan screams run away fast in my mind bit I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
I have 40 some pictures online but none of them show the underside. Unless it was major I don't think you could tell mech from a picture. The truck is a 2014 with 50k on it. It didn't spend much time up north. I'm under no obligation to purchase the truck once it arrives, the dealer also will perform a 160 point check and must meet their standards. If I do buy it will have a 30 day bumper to bumper warranty for me to find anything wrong on top of what's left on the manufacturer 5 year 100k drivetrain. I feel pretty comfortable with that part. It was a fleet vehicle for the commercial and since its a fully loaded truck I doubt it was a work truck. If it's anything like my dad's fleet car they are strict about service. The carfax are not the perfect one owner full service record one you hope for but its also not bad. its a pretty good deal from what I can tell.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
So, I found out the discount is [Price= Invoice - (0.4% Invoice) + admin fees], that still means almost nothing to me... I dont know what the markup is.

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
You can go on many web sites and get the invoice price for the truck.

Most times the factory rebates are taken from the lowest.

In my case if I remember it was at or just under invoice. Also had a 3250 rebate and another 500.
so it was invoice less 3250 less 500 plus tax tag and title. Most dealers will add a doc fee anyplace from 200 to 600. You can still push to reduce that but they will charge something be it 150 to 299.

So you really need to know what you are looking for a base truck, motor, trans.... then add a package like the Off road or Z71..... the punch in extras ..
You can do all the extras you are seeing so you know what the invoice price is for each

Then you can just add.it up or remove an item so you know the invoice for each truck you are looking.

Little help, say you want Ram, go after hrs and look sevral dealers and trucks.
Take picture of the sticker with vin and all extras plus cost.

Go online and find the invoice price for that truck and you will know what it is and then get all rebates that are good for you and the truck combo.

That will give you a price to start with when you show up to the dealer and start talking.
If they will not at least get to invoice get up and walk away.

Last edited:

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Any noise on when they're gonna start coming down on the Colorado prices?

LD - don't know if it will still work as well but some years ago I bought new Colorado after the next year model had been on the lot awhile (December) and they came off the sticker a lot. Looked at a lot of dealerships to find it but was able to do most of it online. It was in Fayetteville at Powers-Swain Chevy. Good Luck in your search!

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I am afraid that at 313k miles on my truck, the time has come to let it go. Looking hard at ford but like the O.P. I want 4 door 6.5' bed.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
I am afraid that at 313k miles on my truck, the time has come to let it go. Looking hard at ford but like the O.P. I want 4 door 6.5' bed.

good luck. So far I have been looking at more 3/4 ton trucks even tho they are a bit overkill for me at this point. Once you price a modestly equipped 1/2 ton you're in the ball park for a similarly equipped 3/4 ton and you don't have to sort out the small bed sizes.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

There are a number of supercrew F150s with a 6.5' bed in the Raleigh area. If you want to send me the details of the truck you want, I can point you to those that match...