Your favorite bourbon to sip...

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I like sipping bourbon neat, and too many favorites to name. Opened up a bottle of Blanton's while my brother-in-law was here over Memorial Day and it's a mighty fine bourbon, but damn hard to find in any of the ABC stores around here.

Lately my go - to bourbons have been Four Roses Single Barrel & Eagle Rare.

Last edited:

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
I'm not a connoisseur by any means, but if I enjoy Woodford reserve on the rocks. Not really big on anything neat. But I typically prefer a 50/50 Old Forester and ginger ale.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Eagle Rare 17 neat, but it's so hard to find I sip it slowly lol. Next on the list is Whistlepig Rye, one cube to 3 fingers.

Last edited:

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I'm not a connoisseur by any means, but if I enjoy Woodford reserve on the rocks. Not really big on anything neat. But I typically prefer a 50/50 Old Forester and ginger ale.

Almost stopped by there when I drove through that area last Sunday, but held off...

Markfromflorida

Eight Pointer
Used to be crown. Now I keep makers mark. Last week I tried makers mark 46, and was impressed, that will be my next bottle.
Usually on ice, if it's cheaper bourbon/whiskey, I add a little ginger ale.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I consume very little alcohol of any kind but every now and then some Harwood Canadian blend with coke..

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
George T Stagg for special occasions (it's hard to find, and expensive). Maker's Mark or Jim Beam for more routine sippin'. Always neat.

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
My top 3 are: Maker's Mark, Woodford Reserve & Basil Hayden with Maker's slightly edging out the others.
I will have a few drinks with ginger ale when socially drinking but do enjoy sipping any of them poured over a couple ice cubes when I'm chilling out.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And how about bourbons you don't like? I don't particularly care for Wild Turkey; too much of a "burn" for me.

And has anyone tried Old Crow? I always see it on the bottom shelf of the ABC store, and I guess at $8 - 10 dollars a bottle, it's there for a reason......

bilntime

Eight Pointer
And how about bourbons you don't like? I don't particularly care for Wild Turkey; too much of a "burn" for me.

And has anyone tried Old Crow? I always see it on the bottom shelf of the ABC store, and I guess at $8 - 10 dollars a bottle, it's there for a reason......

This is probably the best way to go for me - have been on a bourbon kick for a while and my friends say that my house looks like a liquor store...

I am partial to bourbons from the Buffalo Trace distillery - particularly wheated bourbons.

The only bourbon that I have not been able to agree with, whether neat, on the rocks or mixed is Jim Beam (?) Devil's Cut - that one is just plain nasty to me...

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
Gentleman Jack, Basil Hayden, and Wild Turkey Rare Breed are my go to bourbons for every day sipping. For rare special occasions, I will break out the Pappy Van from it's secret hiding place.

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Crown on the rocks most of the time. Every couple years I will buy a bottle of Crown XR and is only sipped neat.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I didnt realize it was a difference in any of em.
I have never developed a taste for any kind of alcohol but I still try.....😉

sent from...... Tapatalk

nchunt101

Ten Pointer

The dirty bird isnt too bad. Try as I might I can not make myself enjot Beam.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Crown on the rocks most of the time. Every couple years I will buy a bottle of Crown XR and is only sipped neat.

Actually a blended whiskey .....not Bourbon.....there is a big difference......it is a lot sweeter than most bourbons and definitely a smooth drink!

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I lost my taste for bourbon, even though I still will poor a litte Woodford Reserve over ice now and then. I enjoy a good single malt now. I sipped on some 18 year old The MaCallan last night. Very good.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don't like the bourbons with the vanilla flavor.....just not my thing......Wild turkey is my low end choice.....I aint going to a lower shelf as long as I am employeed!