Climax stands

redbow

Ten Pointer
Who remembers them? I just changed the chain and bolts on 3 today. Awesome stand. Let me know who used them and who still does.

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
Yes sir! I have still have one. The only issue I have had with it is I had to change the seat. Great stand.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Got 3. Replaced the seat fabric on all of them at least two or three times until I found one that will hold.

Other than the seat fabric, they are bulletproof and are great for leaning and awkward trees.

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
Had a couple worst ones I ever had! Great for dumping you to the ground if the under arm slipped from the bark.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
^ I've heard people complain about that. Hasn't been a problem for us.

I am always careful to make sure it grabs, then I stomp on it pretty good. Once it's in the tree, it's the most solid stand there is. It's rock solid after a year or 3 in the same tree.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had a couple worst ones I ever had! Great for dumping you to the ground if the under arm slipped from the bark.

I have never had that happen......not even close......in fact I take a hammer when I want to move them to get the spike loose from the tree

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I make them. You have to use tough UV resistant fabric AND thread.

I've also found if you'll put a piece of pipe insulation over the front bar and then put the replacement fabric over that, it makes the seat considerably more comfortable.

Last edited:

ladeer

Six Pointer
I love mine. I wish I could find a couple more or find a welder who could make them. I can't believe they stop making them.

First one I seen for sale years ago I said noway I'd buy that stand...looked awfully dangerous to me but I've never owned one to see...talked to several people that says they are rock solid if properly setup

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
First one I seen for sale years ago I said noway I'd buy that stand...looked awfully dangerous to me but I've never owned one to see...talked to several people that says they are rock solid if properly setup

I used to have one hung in the yard that I put my gambrel on to skin deer.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Bought material at Walmart - had local upholstery shop sew them up.....don't leave them in the tree all year and they will last

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Most stable platform ever BUT dang those seats!

I hunted in them for 20 years but refuse to now that ive sat in a millenium

ladeer

Six Pointer
I remember when Buckmasters came to Greensboro. Some guy was selling them there and they changed the seat. It was a lot more comfortable. But I cant find them either.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
I used to build a copy of this stand that was a good bit larger and made of heavier steel. Hunted out of them alot and never had a problem with them [or the 2 Climax that I owned] but I made the lower support leg with a very long spike point that looked like 3" of the point of a K-bar fighting knife.
As posted above, set them well and you need a sledge to take them down.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Most stable platform ever BUT dang those seats!

I hunted in them for 20 years but refuse to now that ive sat in a millenium

I'm not going to pull a 5 or 6-hour sit in one, but when you've got a crooked, leaning tree with a bunch of limbs, this is the stand you need.

I love the Millennium seats (except for the price), but very few stands can adjust for a leaning tree like a Climax. Some claim to, but they usually just have a couple inches of adjustment. I can fit a climax in those ugly trees. I can pop the seat off if I need to. It's just so very versatile. It may not be my first choice, but it's good to have a couple around, and I always take one when I go out of state. It never fails that there will be a big gnarly tree somewhere that is the only good stand.