Fried specks

duckmauler

Eight Pointer
Anyone have any secret recipes they'd care to share? I caught a nice mess today and they are gonna be fried here shortly.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just salt, pepper, and then dredge them through House Of Autry Seafood Breader and throw them in a skillet of hot oil. Doesn't take but a minute and they're browned and done. Can't beat it.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I just salt, pepper, and then dredge them through House Of Autry Seafood Breader and throw them in a skillet of hot oil. Doesn't take but a minute and they're browned and done. Can't beat it.

Same here, ain't no secret recipe in this house for fried fish...

duckmauler

Eight Pointer
Yea, was just checking... I double dredge then in HA and they be good.. 35+ speck, 15 keepers with 8 taken home is a good day. Soaking some in peanut oil is a great day...

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I do the House Autry also, sometimes I like a little more crisp to the fish and mix in some corn meal to the HA. Had a batch of flounder and Spanish Mackeral the other day with House Autry Hushpuppy mix with Onions... add some chopped Jalapenos for a zesty bite.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I can deal with spanish fillets on the grill with butter and seasoning. I think they taste fine.

Im not big on blues or mullet.