ocracoke

shadebaby

Six Pointer
Going to ocracoke next weekend. What can I expect from the surf? According to the weather there will be a south west wind, will that be good or bad? I'm new to surf fishing so I will take all the advice I can get. Thanks.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Surf fishing was terrible in Hatteras last week with a SW wind. We fished Ramps 38, 43, 44, and the Point with nothing but small sea mullet (too small to keep) and two undersized flounder. Lots of folks fishing, but most just had their rods stuck in sand spikes and not doing anything. Was much better same week last year. But a week later can make a big difference, good luck!

Last edited:

shadebaby

Six Pointer
Surf fishing was terrible in Hatteras last week with a SW wind. We fished Ramps 38, 43, 44, and the Point with nothing but small sea mullet (too small to keep) and two undersized flounder. Lots of folks fishing, but most just had their rods stuck in sand spikes and not doing anything. Was much better same week last year. But a week later can make a big difference, good luck!
Thanks gonna give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

shadebaby

Six Pointer
Well a day and a half of fishing this is all I have to show for it lol, but I had a good time.
05a63ed11f9fe04501c76f792a768a5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk