Gonna be a salty week

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
We fishing Chas Saturday on the ol' Grady then turn around for a short week next week and catching a ride on the Biopsea with Jesse next weekend.

Hopefully I need to buy a new freezer or have a big fish fry in the coming weeks.

Anyone else fishing???

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
planning on diving saturday if we can get some decent viz

Funny you talk about the viz.
This year has been a weird one off Charleston. Nasty dirty water most days all the way out past 600'. Some days guys aren't finding blue water till 1,000' to 1,200'

Hope y'all have a good dive if you go!

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Yea it's been bad pretty much around the tower and south aparantly all the way to Charleston. I think there is some decent viz north unfortunately I committed to a trip around the tower before another trip more north came up. Oh well sometimes the fish are a little less shy in dirty water and it doesn't take much viz to find lobsters.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Hahaha. Yeah. Hunting bugs is a different animal.

Touch touch touch *shell* eff. Where's my damn kill bag

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Headed out tomorrow out of hatteras looking for hoos and maybe some black bass and tilefish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Well we ended up overnighting last night. Left dock at 9p.
Beautiful ocean and great weather.
Moon set at 2:30 so we had a great star show.
5 man limits of the usual bottom creatures went into the box in the dark.

Started trolling around 5:15 this morning.

@ 5:30 jumped off a big sail after a few tail walks then his little buddy came tight on the short starboard rigger and had a clean release boat side about 5 minutes later.

Had a flurry of short strikes and trash fish and put 3 nice 20# dolphin in the box. Throughout the morning.

Rest of the day was slow with lots of cudas, Bonita, and other trash.
Never really found any water holding dolphin in numbers.

Had a wahoo dump 3/4 of a 50w in less than 10 seconds at noon.
After getting him stopped and turned he chomped the mono and that was that.

The only other hoo I've seen smoke a 50w like that was 72# so I hate we didn't get to get a gaff in him.

Tired and sunburnt but we got some fish for the cooler and we ready for next weekend on the Biopsea for some tuna.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
No hoos for us. Managed to scrap out some dang big vermilion snapper and a few trigger fish. Saturday was a gorgeous day offshore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Ended with 13 heavy yellows and a 85# bigeye
And 3 good dolphin.

Tough fishing. Singles and doubles all day and got really tough with sharks midday.

Lots of filets heading west tomorrow.

Good day on the biopsea.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ended with 13 heavy yellows and a 85# bigeye
And 3 good dolphin.

Tough fishing. Singles and doubles all day and got really tough with sharks midday.

Lots of filets heading west tomorrow.

Good day on the biopsea.

Nice haul. That ought to be some tasty grill fare.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
We split the haul 4 ways and my portion filled up a 65qt cooler with barely enough room for a bag of ice on the ride home.

Cut and vacuumed from 630-10 last night and still have half left to put up.

How many other cats in this state do y'all think were getting fresh bigeye tuna scraps for treats last night? He knows when I've got raw tuna out and just stands there by the sink waiting :)