Playa Del Carmen- Fishing Charter Advise

WakeHunter32

Eight Pointer
We are heading down to Playa Del Carmen mid June for a wedding and will be there for the week. Looking to fish for a couple days while we are there, does anyone have any recommendations on a charter they have used?

je32

Six Pointer
Very interested in this post. I am heading down there this summer as well. Hopefully someone has some experience down there.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
haha... Get your friends to postpone the wedding till February and go sailfishing on Isla Mujeras with one of the NC boats the get down there every spring. Raising 30 sails a day on light tackle with pitch baits on the teasers!!!!

In summer I think inshore and flats fishing should be awesome, though...

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
haha... Get your friends to postpone the wedding till February and go sailfishing on Isla Mujeras with one of the NC boats the get down there every spring. Raising 30 sails a day on light tackle with pitch baits on the teasers!!!!

In summer I think inshore and flats fishing should be awesome, though...

This.... is something every serious angler should do in their lifetime. Incredible fishing....

I'm not sure how the fishing is in June, but most of the American Fleet will be back home. Isla isn't too far to ride from Playa del Carmen if you get more info.

WakeHunter32

Eight Pointer
This.... is something every serious angler should do in their lifetime. Incredible fishing....

I'm not sure how the fishing is in June, but most of the American Fleet will be back home. Isla isn't too far to ride from Playa del Carmen if you get more info.

looks like it's about a 2 hour drive from where we are staying. Might have to look into this.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer

Yup! I haven't been. Yet. Bunch of friends have and they come back with stories of 30-50 releases in 3 days with shots on that many more. Isla is nice cause the fishing is great and you're close to all the touristy stuff...

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
Took the family to Isla Mujeres last winter. Sail fishing is beyond belief. Very laid back safe place as well. Did not like Cancun even though we only drove through it.

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
If you want some of the best flats fishing around check out http://www.pescamaya.com/ Its about 2 hour drive from Playa through the biosphere preserve all on dirt roads. Awesome place, great guides and staff. They will do day trips and pick you up at your resort/Hotel.
We also did a day off-shore but I can not remember the name of the place. Landed a few sails in early October.

Treetall

Twelve Pointer
Went fishing out of marina el cid on the Raptor two weeks ago........ slow fishing to say the least. No strikes at all trolling. went bottem fishing for a while and caught half dozen triggerfish, snapper, etc. but nothing to write home about

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
We were there in May 2 years ago on a company trip. The resort booked the boats for our group out of the local marina. We had at least 7 boats out one day and each boat did well. Nice boats and professional crews.