Snake in da Grass

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
Was at Farm yesterday clearing trails and found this Black Snake up head high in the brush just chillaxin!IMG_3816.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gaberelli

Button Buck
I better not show this to my wife... she chose NC for our recent move from MN but snakes are her biggest fear here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
I had one show up at house last 2 years and raid the robin nest and the cardinal nest eggs. I have a cardinal sitting on 2 eggs in the bush where the robin nested last year. No signs of Blackie yet.

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
2668034f5d3832aeb93176c68030bd7f.jpg

This is the pair that were raiding the the nests at home. Caught them intertwined in the azalea bush one afternoon. No sighting this year.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I live on a private road with very little traffic. This one was sunning in the middle of my road and my neighbor drove right over it barely flattening it. 4 and a half foot long. I got it out of the road. Beautiful creatures.
0511171703_zps41hqsmgf.jpg

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
That is a healthy looking specimen. I've seen "experts" who claim that only nonvenomous snakes climb like that. But haven't you ever seen a cotton mouth hanging in limbs over water??

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Rattlesnakes also climb into trees as do other species of venomous snakes, some snake experts....Saw a black snake down in SC one day in a bush sunning itself..

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That first one is a racer.

I snapped a pic of this black snake last week with his hand in the cookie jar:

Last edited:

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I saw 3 snakes ran over on the road in a span of about 5 miles this morning. They must be on the move after all the rain we had earlier this week.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
While that first snake is black I don't think it is a black rat snake. They have white bellies. Might be a black pine snake.

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
While trout fishing Wilson Creek, my wife didn't wanna carry her rod through the thicket bushwhacking down to where I was at. She said catch my rod. Lol. It landed about 3 feet away and when I reached for the rod it almost gave me stress incontinence. Lol. Any idea what kind of snake this is?
18527570_10209491857394578_5764797660449595269_n.jpg

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I can't see this clearly, but the rough scales say hognose snake to me. They come in lots of patterns and always have very rough scales.