White lake??

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Just curious, my dad always talked about them going to white lake during the summer and you still hear about it as a swimming area. I've only ever been by there once and quite honestly, it looked like the ghetto fabulous were out in force. Maybe I just picked the wrong time.
Anyways, does anyone fish it? Or is it mainly just a swimming destination?? You just never hear of anyone fishing there. Only swimming and boating. Don't think I've ever seen a post on here about fishing it either.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Ollllld school vacation spot. Used to be gin clear water and white sand beaches. Ghetto fabulous describes it. The old crowd that used to vacation there has aged out. Never heard much or did any fishing when I've been there.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I've seen some nice bass hanging out under the docks at times. Never been on the lake at the opposite end from Goldston's but a part of it up that way looks undeveloped. I would think that a better time to be there to try would be after the end of the season when the water has time to quit down.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think yellow perch is the predominate fish in White Lake. Part of my family has a cottage on the lake that we've gone to for reunions for over 50 years. Never seen anybody fish the lake though.

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
Haven't been since FFA camp over 35 years ago,but it was full of yellow perch back then..clear as glass but shallow.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
We use to go alot when I was a kid but hadn't been in years until this past summer.
I took my daughter there for two days and its basically just like it was way back when.
It was pretty quiet when we went but it was toward the end of summer and during the week.

Never paid any attention to anyone fishing there.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Last edited:

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
Went there few years ago. Fished several times, didn't have a bite or see any fish. LOTS of mallards & geese tho.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Used to Waterski it a lot back in the early eighties. But at Night we would fish off of the Dock we had and I can tell you that I always caught the biggest yellow perch I have ever seen by throwing 1/32 oz whire beetle spins around the dock at night. The dock was lighted. There are some decent bass in there as well. I would use a Jitterbug at night.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Haven't been to White Lake in many years, never saw anyone fish there but that doesn't mean there aren't fish to be caught in it..Friend of mine I went to school with lives very close to White Lake..

BWard

Button Buck
Use to go to Goldston's and dive around those piers. Found all kinds of things. There were bass and other fish around those piers. Never fished the lake myself.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
That was the closest thing to Heaven when I was young. A family member had a house on the West side and a mahogany Chriscraft with a Ford flathead engine for cruising the lake and skiing. When we got older it was Goldston's Beach and wearing out the dance floor.

This was throughout the 50's and the summer of '61, then it was into the service and haven't been back since. Went to FFA camp there too.

Right after old man Goldston started building his resort he had small longleaf pines planted around the property and one Sunday night my Dad was with several more guys riding around in a Model T Ford getting drunk as lords when the guy who owned the car decided it would be great fun to run over these small pines at Goldston's so they were mowing them down with the solid axle on the "T" and got arrested for their trouble. From there they went to the jail in Elizabethtown where my Dad caught a case of the crabs from sleeping on the jail fart sack mattress, plus he was supposed to crop tobacco for a neighboring farmer the next day but that didn't happen. My Pap finally showed up that Monday to bail Dad out. Just another of Dad's adventure stories he used to regale us kids with.

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
We used to call it "White Trash Lake"; so yeah, we fit right in. Hadn't thought about that place in 40 years!

Look up the Catt Trail results page and you can see some results of the bass tournaments they have there. I'll guarantee you that if you know how to bass fish, you can have 5 that will weigh 20# before 9:00 in the morning there right now. Quite possibly more. Loaded with 3.5 to 4.5lb bass with an occasional 5-6lber.