A young one on the move.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This is my young Stephens cur Sue. A hound hunter bought her and thought he wanted to use her for squirrels but didn't. She sat in his pen to I got her. I have hunted her for 11 days sometimes 3 times a day. She treed 3 days ago but I couldn't get to her before she left. Again yesterday, today I let my old 13 y.o. cur tag along in hopes he would hold her if she treed and my plan worked.

Here is the result of me getting to the tree and her staying on command. A few times of this and her understanding she has to stay and we can really make some progress.

I usually hunt OMCs, there much alike Stephens curs and fact, all were under the same registry years ago but they split apart and there are subtle differences.

I think this little girl will eventually make a nice dog. The bad thing she was bitten by a copperhead on a hunt a couple hours after this vid. was made this evening in the neck. It was a big one, about 30". The bastard was within 2' of me and I hadn't seen it yet and she had checked in and he popped her. I gave her Dex. and antibiotics along with benedryl and she is doing ok.

Click on link for vid:
https://youtu.be/MFF0WZZzNOI

Last edited:

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry to hear about the copperhead. One more reason I hate snakes. How is she doing?

Sorry I posted before I read the second post.

Hope she continues to recover AND hunt well.

Last edited: