Crossing one off of my Bucket List....

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Been shooting traditional archery for 5 seasons now. I've had some decent success but being totally internet taught definitely has had it's drawbacks. Always wished I could spend some time with a real quality coach....

Well, today and tomorrow I'm doing just that. Right now I'm just outside Albany, Georgia attending a two day seminar with multiple World Champion buckle holder Rod Jenkins, the guy whose videos I've molded my entire shot sequence around. I am having a blast!! Small class, all hands-on, and I've had light bulbs going off in my head all day. I gotta say, there's a little pressure shooting in front of a World Champion but Rod is about as down to earth as it gets. When he critiques your form and your shot sequence he explains not only the hows but the whys and then sticks with you until YOU understand. It's just plain awesome...

What most people don't know is that Rod also won the World Champion title as a compound archer before winning it several times as a traditional archer....

And the kicker? The class is being held at Big Jim's Bow Company! I had to hold on tight to my wallet this afternoon when JJ started bringing out some of their work. We're going into the longbow room tomorrow afternoon so the bank account may be a little lighter coming back to Carolina. Big Jim is a Master bowyer and man, he sure builds some fine looking sticks.....

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
That's awesome. Have fun and spread the knowledge when you get back..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Nice! Nobody will stand a chance shooting against you after they "fine tune" you/your form. sounds like fun.

Sent from wherever I was at the time...

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Know you will garner much helpful information and I doubt, the way you are talking, you will be able to get out of there without a new piece of wood.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Pics or it didn't happen!!! :)

Sounds like you're having a blast! Enjoy it!

Speed1

Eight Pointer
That's awesome lr, sounds like you are having a blast. Don't come home to Carolina without one of those new fancy sticks, you will always regret it, haha.

Every report I've ever seen from people attending one of Rod's clinics say they learned more in a day or 2 than they could have in years on their own. It should be a blast. Hope you enjoy, and take lots of notes!

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hey guys. Been on the road to Florida, no internet til today. Had a blast and learned a bunch. Now if I can apply it. One of the great things about Rod's course is that he sends you home with a bucket-full of drills to reinforce everything he teaches and his cell phone number if you run into a snag. probably the best money I've ever spent in archery.

I did lighten up the bank account but me, at one of the finest wood bow shops in the world....what do I come away with? A Black Swan take-down! This is the hotrod Corvette of metal take-down bows, pushing 10gpp arrows over 210fps. These bows are like smokin' fast....

Hanging with some old friends at my old home place on the Suwannee today, I'll head to Tampa to see my daughter for awhile in the morning and then to the east coast to see some more old friends tomorrow. No hurry to get back, gonna take some time and enjoy the trip....

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Whew! Got back into town late yesterday afternoon. Gone 5 days, drove 1900 miles in 3 of them....and it was with every inch of it. Shot bows, drove Harleys, drank large quantities of beer, and ate steaks with old friends.....

Doesn't get much better than that....