New member seeking church

gaberelli

Button Buck
Hello all!

First post here on the forum and I'm still on my way down. We are relocating from Minnesota to Wake Forest over the weekend. I appreciate that the forum has this section. Prayers from another gun/hunting forum have helped me and others before.

We will be looking for a church in WF and would appreciate some advice. We have two little kids and would prefer a medium sized congregation with good kid options and adult fellowship.

We are non-denominational christians and generally connect best with lively churches that focus on biblical spiritual growth.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Welcome to NC. Sorry I can't help with the wake forest area, but I am sure that there will be someone who can.

NCGunDude

Eight Pointer
There's two you can take a look at, Celebration Church on Capital Blvd and Richland Creek Community Church. Richland Creek is one of the largest in the area, and Celebration is where one of my daughters was baptized.

I wish you the best in finding a congregation where you will feel at home.

gaberelli

Button Buck
There's two you can take a look at, Celebration Church on Capital Blvd and Richland Creek Community Church. Richland Creek is one of the largest in the area, and Celebration is where one of my daughters was baptized.

I wish you the best in finding a congregation where you will feel at home.

Thanks for the guidance! We will get settled in then take a look. Maybe checkout some podcasts first since venturing out with the 2 and 4 year olds make things interesting....

ETA:

I see they offer preschool too! We were looking at options here to great to see this as well.

Last edited:

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
I second Richland Creek if that's what you're looking for in a church. Personally I am a member of Wake Forest Baptist & welcome you to one of our services anytime. Just very traditional and doesn't seem like your cup of tea. Richland Creek's Pastor David delivers a great sermon and the children's area is and will be unreal once they finish it. Good luck on your journey.

Last edited:

m4ncsu

Ten Pointer
I'm a member at Richland Creek. It is an excellent church. Shoot me a pm and we can talk. We serve in the kids hall. Excellent big church with a small feel.

gaberelli

Button Buck
I second Richland Creek if that's what you're looking for in a church. Personally I am a member of Wake Forest Baptist & welcome you to one of our services anytime. Just very traditional and doesn't seem like your cup of tea. Richland Creek's Pastor David delivers a great sermon and the children's area is and will be unreal once they finish it. Good luck on your journey.

Thanks. I grew up in small baptist and Assembly of God churches. Since then have been a part of small and large churches. We don't really have a "type" but prefer strong scriptural messages with clear action statement.

gaberelli

Button Buck
Welcome to NC from a fellow Gopher!! Where did you live in Mn.

Just left SW burbs. Only lived there three years though. Prior I lived all but college near Eau Claire WI. How bout you? What brought you this way?

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I know of a couple of families in Wake Forest who find it worth the drive to attend First Baptist Church in Durham. You will not find in this state a more solid pastor than Andy Davis.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I just moved back from MN after a couple years up there. Lived in Plymouth for a few months, then Champlin and Brooklyn Park. SW burbs are nice.

CanAmMan

Twelve Pointer
Just left SW burbs. Only lived there three years though. Prior I lived all but college near Eau Claire WI. How bout you? What brought you this way?

Lived in Maple Grove for 10 years back in the mid '70s and graduated from Osseo High School.
Originally from Canada, moved around for my Dad's job. Spent first year in Hopkins, MN the moved to maple Grove and was there for 9 years. Then moved to Indiana for 1 year and then to Morganton, NC in '83. Made final move to Gastonia, NC area and been here now for over 25 years. All those years and moves make me feel OLD!!!

JONOV

Twelve Pointer

Welcome to the area. I can't comment on a church but welcome to the area. I moved down four years ago myself. While I find the area different, you and your family will be about as happy as you decide to be. The hunting is different, but no better or worse unless you are a devoted trophy hunter. There is less freshwater fishing, but the bass do get bigger.

Last edited:

gaberelli

Button Buck
Welcome to the area. I can't comment on a church but welcome to the area. I moved down four years ago myself. While I find the area different, you and your family will be about as happy as you decide to be. The hunting is different, but no better or worse unless you are a devoted trophy hunter. There is less freshwater fishing, but the bass do get bigger.

Thanks! Yeah, going to be hard to replace the hunting opportunities I had in WI/MN. Between family land and public land I could hunt nearly every North American medium game or smaller. Will probably start fishing more since my young kids can enjoy that with me more easily.

Apparently a 10# bass was caught in the tiny pond by our house...

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks! Yeah, going to be hard to replace the hunting opportunities I had in WI/MN. Between family land and public land I could hunt nearly every North American medium game or smaller. Will probably start fishing more since my young kids can enjoy that with me more easily.

Apparently a 10# bass was caught in the tiny pond by our house...

The public land hunting here isn't nearly as awesome as MN/WI land

fatboy

Four Pointer
I just moved back from MN after a couple years up there. Lived in Plymouth for a few months, then Champlin and Brooklyn Park. SW burbs are nice.

Welcome to the area. I would like to invite you to visit our church, Shady Grove Free Will Baptist. We are located at 3805 Carpenter Pond Rd, Durham, NC. We have several families at our church that live in the Wake Forest area. We are off of HWY 98. We have several avid hunters in our church. Our Pastor is an avid hunter himself.
If you have any questions about our church or the area, please feel free to hit me up.

Dwayne George