Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hogs...How long until they're considered a nuisance in NC?

Quote Originally Posted by catfishrus View Post
    LOL.....it will never happen as long as deer hunters are leasing up the land. I think its funny folks want to pig hunt but not willing to join the club to hunt them. If you waiting until you get a free place to hunt...you standing in a long line. I just don't see it happening due to lease land.
    I agree,,,,,everyone "wants to help you with your problem hogs",,,,,,heck we have folks JOINING (paying) the club just so they can run them varmits in the off season (deer/turkey),,,,,killing all they can,,,,,

if a person wants to hunt hogs,,,get in a club that has them and hammer away,,,,,,
    ,,,,sent using Jedi Mind Tricks,,,,,,,

Picture a combination right wing, libertarian, unabomber, conservational, nationalist who believes in reverent science and who, to his core, remembers the words he swore to "defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic........so help me God"

Quote Originally Posted by woodmoose View Post
    I agree,,,,,everyone "wants to help you with your problem hogs",,,,,,heck we have folks JOINING (paying) the club just so they can run them varmits in the off season (deer/turkey),,,,,killing all they can,,,,,

if a person wants to hunt hogs,,,get in a club that has them and hammer away,,,,,,
    Yep, I join to small game hunt. They need to understand there is no free rides.

I expect I've killed and/or caught with traps and dogs more than my share of them, we were at it almost daily for years. I hope I never see another one or another field rototilled up by them.
    Archery is a passion...accuracy is an obsession. Steve Morley
    If ya gotta fight, fight like you're already dead....

A lot already do but still charge for hunts to off set costs/ make it worth their while etc etc.... and there aren't many decent sized farms that don't already have 1 or more hunting leases on em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nccatfisher View Post
    The sad thing is they are still moving them. It isn't bad enough they are doing it intrastate they are bringing them across state lines. There are some guys close to me sooner or later that are going to get a dose of the Lacey act.
    Lacey Act, is that what goes on at some bars close to the speedway. J/K.
    If most folks knew what was gonna happen if they are charged/convicted under the Lacey act, they would be alot more careful when they get in their truck and head OOS to hunt anything.
    And yes, big brother IS watching and them there fancy new computers never sleep.

Six Pointer

If NC wanted to get rid of hogs they would make it illegal to hunt them. As long as you can hunt them and people can make money charging for it, the population will grow.

Four Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by FITZH2O View Post
    If NC wanted to get rid of hogs they would make it illegal to hunt them. As long as you can hunt them and people can make money charging for it, the population will grow.
    Interesting statement

Sevierville TN. Randolph county Native!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FITZH2O View Post
    That's what TN did. It has a few flaws but the basis for it makes sense.
    I live in Tennessee, but my home is North By God Carolina!
    Just because you do not agree with my opinion, it does not make me wrong!

Four Pointer

In WV the DNR treats them like big game with very strict rules on hunting them. The population is growing, but anyone who's had these critters on their property wants them exterminated.

Sevierville TN. Randolph county Native!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJWise View Post
    In WV the DNR treats them like big game with very strict rules on hunting them. The population is growing, but anyone who's had these critters on their property wants them exterminated.
    The reasoning behind that is probably the same reasoning NC had in the mtns. Those pigs are probably the Russian boars that originated from Europe and are pretty much truly wild and Un-domesticated vs the others are "feral hogs" meaning they are here from Spanish explorers and/or have gone wild from once domesticated herds. Either way there all detrimental. Just explaining the differences.
    I live in Tennessee, but my home is North By God Carolina!
    Just because you do not agree with my opinion, it does not make me wrong!