View Poll Results: Would you support a 4 antlerless deer (max) season limit?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 81.54%
  • No

3 4.62%
  • Unsure

2 3.08%
  • Makes no difference to me what the doe limit is

7 10.77%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Back from deer forum District 9

Old Mossy Horns

Quote Originally Posted by TravisLH View Post
    Not entirely, Crc if their line of questioning was leading, then it's not a question of hunters supporting a 2 buck rule in as much as they prefer that to the more drastic alternatives on the questionnaire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many of the survey questions were different for each person.

No person got the same set of questions but they showed hunters put an importance on long gun seasons first compared to the other 4 metrics.

The purpose of a lot of question was to find out what the rank of the 5 metrics were in importance (again it was said hunters do not want a reduction in either-sex days and opportunity but NCWRC wants to stablize the herd. Current regs in 90% of the state are set up for herd reduction/high doe kills).

Again the 5 metrics being discussed for change are:

length of gun season
    timing of gun season
    length of blackpowder season
    antlerless bag limits
    antlered bag limits
    Last edited by CRC; 05-19-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Old Mossy Horns

Sorry CRC, forgot who I was speaking with for a moment and tried logic. Even if the question format differed slightly from person to person that does in no way ensure a none leading survey as the only answers available to the taker are established by the survey......
    This is like asking which you prefer?
    A. Getting kicked in the nutts.
    B. Getting Castrated.
    C. Multiple amputations.
    D. Cancer
    Now I'm no survey expert but I'd wager 99.9% of all men would go with (A). This does not mean that 99.9 of men enjoy nutt shots, just that it's the lesser of the evils in the example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see anything wrong with the survey, your either willing to compromise or your not. If your not, then nothing is going to change, so they gave you middle of the road answers and not extremes one way or the other, they gave us answers that were changes that actually have a chance of being implemented.
    Last edited by bowhuntingrook; 05-19-2017 at 09:44 PM.
    Shooting 2012 ELITE Answer

Four Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by bowhuntingrook View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with the survey, your either willing to compromise or your not. If your not, then nothing is going to change, so they gave you middle of the road answers and not extremes one way or the other, they gave us answers that were changes that actually have a chance of being implemented.
    I agree with that. It would be ridiculous to have one specific answer to questions. Everyone has their opinion of what THEY want. The survey was intended for just that, compromise.

what are the chances of this actually being adopted? i'm not to happy about the muzzleloader getting the shaft, i just bought my first one on Saturday...talk about timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitmore View Post
    what are the chances of this actually being adopted? i'm not to happy about the muzzleloader getting the shaft, i just bought my first one on Saturday...talk about timing.
    It's coming, their mind was made up before all this came out. All these hearings and meetings are just lip service. That is how they operate.

The timing and if they phase it in or if they just do it in one fell swoop depends on how many politicians get behind each side of it.
    Last edited by nccatfisher; 05-22-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitmore View Post
    You can hunt with your smoke stick anytime gun season is open.
    Doesn't have to be black powder season.
    Sometimes you run into people who change your life for the better!! Most of the time you don't!!

Quote Originally Posted by jscar View Post
    moving the western rifle season to be open most of december is stupid. NCWR says the rut in the mountains occurs in december. They have said theyvhave some data that the rut is during that month. If so why do I see bucks breeding in November. The rut in most states can be any where from oct to january. If any change to the western deer season should be week before, during, and after thanksgiving. The weather in the mountains during december makes it almost impossible to hunt. Extreme cold, snow, rain , high winds. Not a good idea!
    The last week of the current season is always the best hunting, bucks are chasing much more than earlier on, Let it be cold it's deer hunting in the mountains for gosh sake. This would also give parents more of a chance to get their kids out over Christmas break.

I do wish they would drop doe tags to 1 for a few years here though, the payoff could be great.

Also love that ML season could be later, you ever tried getting a deer outa these hills from far away from the car when it is 70 flippin degrees,,, and the sketters are trying to carry you off. I will miss the 2nd week of ML season,,, Fewer people in the woods during ML season
    Last edited by PPosey; 05-23-2017 at 05:14 AM.
    Swain County NC

Old Mossy Horns

The biologists did say 2 doe tags were the best for the herd in WNC but hunters like more liberal limits