Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Mothers Day

Final impressions.....about 500 rounds of various reloads and factory ammo sent down range....

Well. I can't find anything to complain about. Took it out. Put 150 of my crappy 147g reloads through it. It never hicchuped or barfed or fell on its face or anything. 5 shots had it dead on at 15 yards and 1/4" high at 25 yards with a good center.

Off hand and off the bench it gets down right dull to work your way left and right and back again hitting the steel spinners and swingers each and every time....cross hair anywhere on the steel, press, bang/ding and do it again. Its easier to use than I have any right to expect for a $350 out the door carbine.

One in the chamber and 10 up in the mag works fantastic making this Carbine a reliable 11 shooter. So, it can be loaded one up at all times and the full mag will not slow the bolt causing an extraction or feed failure. Its more reliable in use than I have any right to expect for a $350 out the door carbine.

It doesn't look anything like the early planet of the apes carbine they used to make. Its prettier than I have any right to expect for a $350 out the door carbine.

The iron sights were fine. I prefer the scope but could be totally happy with the irons if I couldn't afford glass. Factory features are more useful than I have any right to expect for a $350 out the door carbine.

It puts all my crappy handloads in nice tight 1.5"ish groups at 25 yards. All the time. Every bullet weight. Every profile. Every different velocity. Its more consistent than I have any right to expect for a $350 out the door carbine.

Its easy to repetedly ring a 10" steel at 100 yards by holding high on the gong. Bang/ring over and over from the bench. It should be just fine on a farm for routing coyotes at 75 yards or so. Its more accurate at longer ranges than I have any right to expect for a $350 out the door carbine.

I havn't cleaned it yet. Loaded and shot just as it came from the factory. I havn't even lubed it yet. It shucks shells better and faster than a bazillion dollar combine craps hay bails. Its a lot better gun than I have a right to expect for a $350 out the door carbine.

Yep. I'd buy another HiPoint 995 carbine any day. I can't imagine buying a CZ Scorp or Beretta Storm when the HiPoint runs so well. We'll see how it wears. I suspect well and I predict it'll see a ton of practice and continue in its role as house gun.
    Going dark............

How much did you say it cost again?

$3fitty wif tacks!!!!!!
    Going dark............