Hog Hunting Opportunities

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Does anyone have any recommendations on a good place to hunt hogs here in NC? Not looking to do a high fence hunt, only fair chase but would like to find somewhere to go. I'm in Fayetteville so the closer the better but willing to drive.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Thanks for the referral on Toole Low Grounds. They are only an hour away and they look pretty promising. I'd still like to hear others recommendations. I did hunt with the Carolina Razorback group earlier this year and not bashing them but it was not quite what I expected.

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
There's someone offering hunts between rockinham and charlotte for 150.00 and that's day and night hunts on Craigslist.

ridenismo

Six Pointer
well if my eyes didnt fool me last sunday mowing the lawn, my back porch seems as good a spot as any! Had 3 run across the field WFO at 300 yards while i turned circles knocking back the grass. If it would have been beer:30 they would have had a tough day. Farmville, nc

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
well if my eyes didnt fool me last sunday mowing the lawn, my back porch seems as good a spot as any! Had 3 run across the field WFO at 300 yards while i turned circles knocking back the grass. If it would have been beer:30 they would have had a tough day. Farmville, nc

Dang...My lease is there...I don't know if I want to see hogs there or not.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
So I tried out Toole Low Grounds. I didn't expect to do it this quickly but I contacted them and they said the hogs were active and told me to come on out. I went out last night and killed a nice 140lb boar. Very nice family operation and they really know their property and how they hogs are moving. Its fair chase but they were still able to predict exactly when the hogs would come out. Yesterday was the hottest day this week so it ended up being 30min later than expected but I was only in the stand 90 minutes before i had a hog down.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Here are a couple photos.
da50b2e55d3a58158a8956367649fd14.jpg
d966a09ae4a7aa9af041102d45c646d5.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
If its the same post I saw on Craigslist Id be a little cautious that there aren't any photos. If you can swing the $250 Toole charges I'd recommend trying them. The thing that was really appealing to me was that they have an opportunity guarantee. If you don't see a hog the entire hunt, they let you hunt again for free but they said they rarely ever have anyone not see one. Their success rate is something like 97% and free range.

I hunted with the Carolina Razorback folks which charge $150 for a half day hunt. Sat from 5pm - midnight and didn't see or hear anything. After that the guarantee opportunity was very appealing.

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
I'm really not into a night hunt. I'll get up early and sit late but not interested in being there at midnight.

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I talked to the guy on Craigslist, there is no trophy fee and no limit he has photos on request. Planning on trying it when I get my shoulder in shape from surgery.