2017 high score?

Bob252

Four Pointer
Does anyone know what the highest scoring or "best" bird harvested for NC was for this past season? Incase some weren't aware NC is where the world record bird score comes from. Edgecombe county, 195.5! 73.something inches of beard length... wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob252

Four Pointer
I was wrong, after a little more research the world record is actually in GA. 203.9375

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Joe Fuller shot that Edgcombe Co bird and showed me where it happened. 8 beards is a lot....

Last edited:

Bob252

Four Pointer
Yea that is pretty crazy. I was curious because I harvested a 5 bearded bird the last day of season, rough score is a 131.3225. 5 beards, 11.375", 9.5", 8.25", 8.125", and 6.75". Matching 1.313" Spurs and 17.15lbs. I heard talk of a 7 bearded bird out of caswell county but haven't seen a score up on the NWTF sight yet for 2017 that tops this one... I know it's probably not a big deal to most but if I could say I got high score for 2017, haha, well I would gladly take it. Though I'm doubtful, I'm sure there have been birds that weren't scored or registered. Honestly not trying to big headed or gloat, I'm just curious.
59fb1b651528b1a697f90840d76e4d4c.jpg

Bob252

Four Pointer
He got it a couple years ago. Showed me pics on his phone. I don't see him that often but at the time he did show me pics on his phone. I confirmed it on this site. http://www.nwtf.org/hunt/records. I think it is 8 or 9 in the state of nc.

Yea I know about the state record. If you read up a few replies from this one you'll see that twice I stated 2017. Not all time high. [emoji1360]

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Sorry for the confusion. I knew you were talking about this year. Was just "throwing it out there" about my bil's bird.