Is this Soy Beans!

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
I have some type of bean growing in my corn. Quite a few of them actually. I did not plant them so they must be leftovers from the previous farmer.
Is this Soy Beans? Can I leave them in my corn?

30d5d2acaef3b1a3ed184e8b08ba909d.jpg
b4e2b9b8196d99bc5692d34033ee63ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ho ace

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Cucumber...deer like those too.

Wouldn't hurt to let them grow. Probably climb the corn..

Last edited:

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
Cucumber...deer like those too.

Wouldn't hurt to let them grow. Probably climb the corn..

The funny part is only corn, soybeans and hay were grown in these fields. Have no idea where cucumbers came from and there are a lot of them.

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
That looks like the velvetleaf weed or maybe even kudzu to me. Spray them now!!! If the corn is round up tolerant, use that or generic glyphosate. If it is conventional, get some atrazine or you can use 2,4D or the lawn broadleaf killers you find at Lowes or Home Depot with 2,4D and Dicamba mixed together & zap them or they will take over your plot.

IMG_0116.JPG

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's not kudzu. Kudzu is better than any "plot". Never plant, no fertilizer, no weeds, over 20% protein.
It actually is pretty attractive to deer when it is young. I hunted a place that it was terrible, I noticed they would browse it hard when it was just coming out. I started keeping it bush hogged and they would flock to the lanes where young growth was continually regenerating.

You talking about something that will make a tractor grunt. I have a 60 H.P. tractor and a 6' bush hog. I have cut grass, briers and weeds higher than the fenders and never hardly bumped the governor but initially cutting that stuff when mature is some hard cutting.

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
It actually is pretty attractive to deer when it is young. I hunted a place that it was terrible, I noticed they would browse it hard when it was just coming out. I started keeping it bush hogged and they would flock to the lanes where young growth was continually regenerating.

You talking about something that will make a tractor grunt. I have a 60 H.P. tractor and a 6' bush hog. I have cut grass, briers and weeds higher than the fenders and never hardly bumped the governor but initially cutting that stuff when mature is some hard cutting.

I keep the Kudzu under control here by constant bush hogging. The only places I still have problems are the steep hills where the tractor won't go. I'm going to spray my corn next week and then start spraying the Kudzu on the hillsides. It is a constant battle for sure.