Had some success in Nebraska

Randy

Ten Pointer
Just got back from a trip to Nebraska. I wasn't quite able to finish the deal on the big boss gobbler I located my first evening there; but, did find two willing 2 yr olds. The first was by himself and lonely when I happened to strike him on my way back for lunch about 11AM Friday. The second one decided to break away from the flock he was with early Sunday morning to check out the purrs, clucks, and soft yelps coming from small group of cottonwood trees along a creek bottom.

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats sounds like you missed the rough weather what part state were you in. I just leeft the cottonwoods little over week ago and can't wait to get back

Randy

Ten Pointer
Congrats sounds like you missed the rough weather what part state were you in. I just leeft the cottonwoods little over week ago and can't wait to get back

I was in the Valentine area. It was down right hot the last couple of days I was there and, of course, windy.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I was in the Valentine area. It was down right hot the last couple of days I was there and, of course, windy.

Crazy weather when was that way cold either pouring rain or snow/sleet so much rain made many roads tough challenges of hunting that way