Bow Sight?

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
What sight do you like best on your bow? I bought a Hoyt that came with Apex single pin slider and i have a Spot hogg and i really don't like either much, The more i mess with sight's the more i like a cheap Tru Glo 3-5 pin......

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I shoot one pin, a cheap tru glo, and no peep set at my most optimal mid range (20 yards). Sometimes simple is the most productive.

Last edited:

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I have a cheap Trophy Ridge sight. I have 3 pins in it now (10,20,30) but I may only leave the 20 pin in it, because they're all so close together at this point. I much prefer multiple pin to single sliders.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
When my back/shoulder allows it I shoot a copper John 5 pin but only use 3 pins. 1 to 35 yards 45 pin and 55 pin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
I have one of the first trophy ridge 3 pins on my hunting bow and it does well. I just got a "new model" 5 pin from a member on here for my son. I think he'll really like this one... I like they way they can be adjusted as compared to the "old" ones. They have came a long ways.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
After shooting yesterday with my new string, I took the 10 pin out because shooting the 20pin at 10 yards only had me hitting about an inch high, now it's just a 20 and 30 yard pin. If I can find a place to practice further (I can only get to 35 in our yard) I'll add in a 40 and 50 pin, but I've never needed to shoot a deer past 25 anyways

careyhamil

Eight Pointer
I prefer single pins. Really like my spot Hogg fast Eddie and hha 5510

the sarge

Six Pointer
Trophy ridge 5 pin for me but I reply only use 3. I like it because it has a small led I can use in lower light.

kingsize

Four Pointer
Personally I feel adjustable single pins require too much movement. Also if a deer moves and the yardage changes while at full draw, I would have to readjust my pin. I'm not smooth enough to get away with all of that

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
After probably 25 different sights I am really happy with a sureloc lethal weapon multi pin

Apex makes the best imo budget sights. If I wasn't obsessed with archery and didn't practice extreme ranges I would have a simple black gold 5 pin. Also great sights.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hate a busy sight picture so it's single pins for me. Spott Hog fast eddie XL is what's on my hunting rig

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I like a multi-pin sight and use an MBG. The feature best liked with this sight is the photochromatic cover which will regulate the brightness of the pins, depending on ambient light conditions.

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I bought a G5 Optix from a forum member and love it. It has 4 pins: 20, 30, 40 and a floater that adjusts with a dial. I've hash marks for the "floater" at 50, 60 and 70.

willb

Eight Pointer
cheap multi pin tru-glo i think. it was cheap and thats what i wanted. i cant see spending $150 on a sight. thats just me

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Before I got the G5 Optix sight, I had a Tru Globe with a single tritium pin. Great, effective sight.

Last edited:

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
My favorite sight was a Copper John dead nutz. Shooting a truglo carbon now. Whatever the sight, it will only have 3 .019 pins, green on top, yellow, then red.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
I'm currently shooting a MBG 4 pin, I want to go back to my HHA but with a multi-pin head. They have a 3 pin slider out now but it is pricey! I looked into ordering just the 3 pin head which will fit almost all of their models but just the head is $169. If I go that route I may have to sell my MBG.

The MBG has a shell that regulates pin brightness, the pins are pretty bright. The HHA has a rheostat that allows you to adjust the pin brightness, there pins are also very bright. Both companies make solid sights.

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
You can take white or glow in the dark puffy fabric paint and add reference marks to your hha single pins. I put one on top of the level and it's my 40 yd if I don't have a chance to move the slider in hunting situations.