anybody see many jakes this season?

gobbler

Eight Pointer
just wondering about the future, i saw one group of four and i was out there all but two days of the season

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Called in one group of 4 to within 5 yards. That's a good sign for the small property I hunt.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
3 at home,5 on sandhills,3 in uwharrie.suspected a few more due to tracks and no gobbling, no more gobbling and gobblers we got on this spring next spring in this area will not be fitting to hunt,its getting bad in Moore and Montgomery and surrounding areas.

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Got 2 around the house in Harnett. 7 in Scotland and 1 up at the Rock.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Come on now Spoonriver I heard you had all the turkeys. Like so many they fight over who's getting shot.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Jakes ruled our property for most of the season. Ran a gobbler off right in front of us that was closing the distance.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Been seeing a fair share of them,,,,about the same as any other year,,,,couple died from the sighting (youth and new hunters) but such is life!

Last edited:

old school

Six Pointer
Had a gang of six beat on my Deception Big Jake decoy for over ten minutes. Finally had to get up and walk out towards them to run them off since hollering and stick throwing would not work. All of this commotion did not stop a big Tom from coming in less than fifteen minutes later. Saw a total of ten Jakes that day. Hunts on three more farms yielded no more Jakes this season.