Worst season ever

Thutty-thutty

Eight Pointer
After promising trail cam pics ( 7 different toms ) I had high hopes for this year. I practice calling & shooting more than ever. My daughter shot her crossbow religiously. The closest I came was about 65 yds from same bird 2 different times. Once solo & once with her. Other than that I've had zero birds to commit to my calls and worst hunting pressure I've ever seen. First time in years I haven't called up a bird. I leave you guys with some pics of my property in Ashe. Congrats to everyone who had great years. My condolences to those like myself who had horrible years. LOL [emoji23]
a8abf355de547e63489e24e58137fd52.jpg
0ef98d2fb21c1ccb9345cda67302121f.jpg
d940b7cbfe7d68d0263baa5493801867.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
Be thankful at least you were healthy and fortunate to be out there, when others were/are not. Be blessed for the experience

Thutty-thutty

Eight Pointer
Be thankful at least you were healthy and fortunate to be out there, when others were/are not. Be blessed for the experience

Yes sir , I am very thankful. I was really excited just to share that moment with my daughter. I get to focused on winning & losing I guess and I think I loose when I don't tag, but that's definitely not the case. I Hope you are well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
^ This. I didn't get out once this season, but on the bright side my dear MIL is improving from her stroke.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Yes been a rough year, I had 5 goblets and 3 jakes on my land I never got the gobblers to come across to us. They left out just before season

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Wishing your family the best
Thanks. Looks like some beautiful land. I hope you had fun just being out there.

Come to think of it, I didn't even hear one gobble at the house. I used to hear one here and there just doing stuff outside the house.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Least you got to go and you were healthy enough to enjoy the Great Outdoors...
I am lucky to get to hunt 4 days during turkey season. I remember hunting 8 or 9 days in NC and Va.

Songdoghunter

Twelve Pointer
Same here! We had 5 gobblers strutting the entire month of March but by opening day, the birds had been shot at across property lines, called to from boundary ditch, and the birds had developed a pattern of flying down to the middle of our open field and standing for hours at the time without moving. By the third week of season, we noticed that the largest bird was obviously injured. Watching with a spotting scope, he was roosting about 8 feet off the ground as he was basically unable to fly high enough to roost with the others. I finally setup between him and the other birds and literally shot him out of the air as he flew by off the roost. 10 and 1/2 inch beard and inch and 1/8th spurs but the joy of the hunt was nill. He had a buckshot in his right wing joint with maggots in the wound. First year in 17 years we didn't call in and work 2 good birds.

Last edited:

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I was in AZ for training most of the season until friday, the only day I got to hunt was yesterday morning. I was in the Croatan, didn't see or hear a single bird, no gunshots, didn't even see a deer or anything. I know how you're feeling. But I was happy just to finally get into the woods and watch the sunrise from the wood line.