What an adventure this morning, success with a bow.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
This weekend was our BFNGL permit weekend. My son got in from school late last night. I got up at 4:30 am and checked the doppler. I could see a pretty definitive line that was going to roll through in about 45 minutes. I waited as my son snoozed and when he got up he could see it was getting light and he started going off. I dressed as quickly as I could and got everything ready (forgot the thermacell :( ). We arrived at BFNGL around 20 minutes after the rain had stopped. We were sure it was too late. I got the blind set up and about an hour later he spies a hen in the dirt field behind us in safety zone. She eventually heads our way. As you can see from the video below she does not like our decoy at all. I filmed over 11 minutes of her doing this before I cut it off. She went on for another 15 minutes at least before a gobbler shows up. I was filming the hen "live" on facebook when the gobbler showed up. I committed the cardinal sin of filming hunts and forgot to hit record on the camera. I was trying to stay live at the same time I recorded with the cam on the tripod. The second video is the facebook live video. You might be able to hear me tell my son about the gobbler and you can definitely hear him shoot at 2:58, then he takes off after it. He made a great shot and this bird was dead on his feet. A three blade Rage took out all his vital innards. Still, you can see my son jumping out to chase this bird. He finally falls in a thicket beside the field and we spent a while looking for him. We might not have found him if he had not flapped once while we were 20 feet away. My son was stoked. It's his first with a bow and it was all quite exciting.
[video=youtube_share;XxxnAr1x6Fc]https://youtu.be/XxxnAr1x6Fc[/video]
[video=youtube_share;1EXTdaAy3W4]https://youtu.be/1EXTdaAy3W4[/video]
IMG_3890.JPG.jpg

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
First of all,

That should be at least PG-13. Mabye R.

She attacked that thing WORSE than I attack a plate of cheesiefries!!!! I actually started to feel bad for the decoy! I can't believe that footage!!!

#2. FOR SHAME SNAKESKINNER!!!! FOr shame!!!

You seriously let FacebookLive dictate how you record? Dude, NOONE WATCHES THAT STUFF LIVE!! So you overlooked an EXPENSIVE camera, solely built for the purpose of RECORDING live audio and video, in STUNNING detail, and then flipped your iphone SIDEWAYS like an amateur, so you could do a facebook live shot?!?!?!?! :confused:

And we have to stare at the hen destroying the decoy...................again...........only this time in MUCH worse detail................................. WHILE right NEXT TO YOU, your son puts his first ever arrow into a mature gobbler????? On gamelands?!?!?!?!

Glad you're not my parent. It'd be AT LEAST Christmas before I talked to you again, and that would depend on what you got me ;).

Congrats Josh, great job!!! Sorry your Dad screwed it up so he could look cool on FB :D ;) :tongue:

Last edited:

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
First of all,

That should be at least PG-13. Mabye R.

She attacked that thing WORSE than I attack a plate of cheesiefries!!!! I actually started to feel bad for the decoy! I can't believe that footage!!!

#2. FOR SHAME SNAKESKINNER!!!! FOr shame!!!

You seriously let FacebookLive dictate how you record? Dude, NOONE WATCHES THAT STUFF LIVE!! So you overlooked an EXPENSIVE camera, solely built for the purpose of RECORDING live audio and video, in STUNNING detail, and then flipped your iphone SIDEWAYS like an amateur, so you could do a facebook live shot?!?!?!?! :confused:

And we have to stare at the hen destroying the decoy...................again...........only this time in MUCH worse detail................................. WHILE right NEXT TO YOU, your son puts his first ever arrow into a mature gobbler????? On gamelands?!?!?!?!

Glad you're not my parent. It'd be AT LEAST Christmas before I talked to you again, and that would depend on what you got me ;).

Congrats Josh, great job!!! Sorry your Dad screwed it up so he could look cool on FB :D ;) :tongue:

LOL you took it harder that Josh did.