Old Betts corks

seedrooster

Eight Pointer
Anyone know where I can find the old Betts Carolina cork in the 1" size? It has the string that runs through it . I can find the 2 &1/2 " but Betts says it no longer makes the 1". Anyone know a local shop that may have any??

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Don't know what is local to you but you might try Jacky Britt at Carolina Boat Co. in Lumberton. That's the best cork you can use for dropping crickets.

Comal makes a 1.5 inch with a peg through the center. The only 1 inchers I found were being sold as collectors items. I'm down to three and they're used. http://www.floatsunlimited.com/

Last edited:

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I prefer the little corks with the toothpick stuck in the center of them for Bream and other Sunfish they are just right for me ..I do remember the Old Betts corks though..

straightline

Ten Pointer
Anyone know where I can find the old Betts Carolina cork in the 1" size? It has the string that runs through it . I can find the 2 &1/2 " but Betts says it no longer makes the 1". Anyone know a local shop that may have any??

I grew up beside Mr. Betts. I'm good friends with his son in law. I'll call him and see if maybe he has some laying around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk