Yeti Cooler Cooler? Color

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
So going to pickup a few Yeti coolers.

Looking at going white on both.

Any reason or thoughts on the color pick?
Tan or white only for this size.
Was thinking the whit would do better in the sun but show more use and marking than Tan.
Darker colors tend to hold more heat.

Going to be used hunting and fishing.
Thought about one tan one white and keep meat and fish in the white and bulk ice, blocks, drinks in the tan so I could tell the difference easy. Could just label them if the white holds better and less fad or sun damage.

Thoughts?

Never seen a test of the colors where they place empty coolers in the sun then check inside temp after two to three hrs in the sun. One would think if the white or sea foam is cooler inside then the tan it would do better holding ice or deer on ice.

LadyHunter

Button Buck
Would definitely go with the tan if you are going to use it hunting and fishing! The white is going show more dirt and is going to take more to keep clean! Some people just prefer white but if you don't have a preference I would say Tan! I know someone who has had theirs for a while (white one) and it has held its color really well!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks
good info.

One thing I found looking at the 3 sizes I wanted and was looking.
I think I want them the same height so you put stuff on top of them or lay accross them if needed.
That said I was looking 105, should me 30 yeti units bigger than the 75.
What I found was the 75 was 74.8 qt volume and the 105 was 87.
So the 75 is lot more true to size and the 105 little more hight and length but not much more volume as you would think moving from a 75 yeti unit to a 105 yeti unit of measure.

The 20 is little more then 20.
50 is about true to size and I think 125 was along with 75 being more equal yeti unit to QT

The others the yeti unit must be valuable.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Careful, don't hurt your back picking them up, especially after you put some ice in them.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Thats why I was looking more at the 75. It has a weight of 34lb.

I dont lift coolers anymore. Too many other people that will do it for me and on the boat I load them in place using bucket/ bulk or bag so there is not alot of heavy lifting.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Rtic is supposed to release a 145 court in may sometime if your not in a big hurry.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ridenismo

Six Pointer
i have a 75, and itll fit four cases of beer stacked in it and 1.5 bags of ice. It takes an ox to haul the thing. That being said, it is an insane amount easier to keep clean than a white one, especially if you throw it around in a truck, cut bait on it etc. All those little scratches hold dirt, blood, grime, you name it and its a real pain to keep clean.

cmfireman

Unless you just have to have the YETI name, Rtic is just as good quality and much cheaper. My wife bought me a Tundra 65 for the boat and I really wish she'd have saved the money. I could have bought 12 cases of cold beverages to put in the cooler with what she'd saved.

Excursion

Ten Pointer
If you do not care how it will look in 6months go with white. I have a white one and it is nasty looking but its clean.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Guys thanks for the feedback.

Based on what everyone said about the white looking dark and maybe dirty after use I got 2 tan 75 coolers that I will pick up later in the week.

Hope they last a long time.

witler

Eight Pointer
Unless you just have to have the YETI name, Rtic is just as good quality and much cheaper. My wife bought me a Tundra 65 for the boat and I really wish she'd have saved the money. I could have bought 12 cases of cold beverages to put in the cooler with what she'd saved.

I got a couple of RTIC's when they were having 'flash sales' to get rid of old inventory before releasing court ordered new design. I have been very pleased so far especially with the savings.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yup. If you covered up the name on the side you can't tell them apart.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

skydog

I have a white one (wife got me as a gift) and I keep it clean by taking the power washer to it once or twice a year...and after 5+ years, it still looks about as white as when I got it.

That said, if I were buying new one today it would probably be tan.

All rtic hard coolers are currently sold out.

silverado9306

Button Buck
Really happy with my tan RTIC 65 but that is heavy when full. Weighs something like 36lbs empty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk