Jordan lake conditions

Hey guys, I'm here at NC State and tried to fish some of the smaller lakes around here yesterday and they were pretty blown out. Just wondering if it would be worth driving out to Jordan lake tomorrow after classes are done. If you could just let me know how the conditions are. Thanks

Muzzleodor

Eight Pointer
Its flooding the woods, most campsites were shut down yesterday I believe. The fish go up in the woods at times like this.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i have fished it at all levels. rapid rises that continue for days are the most challenging but once that rise somewhat stabilizes, its like shooting them in a barrel. but it is a big barrel as they spread out in all the new cover.

Go to the s turn (narrows) section and fish cover close to the new shoreline. other places are great but the steeper banks in this area keep it from being as big of a challenge.

they are anal these days about the ramps so some may be closed.

Good Luck if you go. If you cant fish from a boat go to the seaforth/parker creek 64 bridge cutoff. fish the culvert flow on both sides of the bridge by waiking down the rip rap. every species available will be piled in there around the bait stacked on that current.

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
I rode by it today and it was pretty danggg high.. I did see some guys in bass boats our there roaming around though.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I rode by it today and it was pretty danggg high.. I did see some guys in bass boats our there roaming around though.

they be biting. :)

any bridge holds them and you can always "get to " them there. the backs of some creeks become a flooded forest making it harder.

falls jordan and kerr are notorious for high water active bites.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I caught some nice bass there 2 days ago......burning the spot. I dont like fishing the bushes unless it is only 2 - 4 ' high....imho it is so high the fish are way back there....my fish on the spot came off of riprap...

Last edited: