Richmond Co coyote bounty law on the move

RPD689

Spike
I spoke with someone today who was an advisor on this bill. If it is written as he tells me, I suggest that you get more information before forming an opinion.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Instead of everyone guessing what does the bill say, here is the bill CRC doesn't want to link to.
http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2017&BillID=S249

Basically, this is the main part of the tag and bounty program.

the Commission shall permit a county to develop and implement a coyote tagging and bounty
program within the county that includes the following elements:
(1) The county may capture and tag, tattoo, or otherwise mark up to 10 coyotes
prior to releasing them. The county shall neuter any coyote captured under this
subdivision prior to release.​
(2) The county or a local nonprofit organization may offer a bounty of not less than
five hundred dollars ($500.00) per tagged coyote."​

boomer

Twelve Pointer
I wonder what the cost of trapping, tagging or tattooing and spaying or neutering of the 10 coyotes would be. IMO it would be smarter just to eliminate the 10 that was caught.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
It passed the state senate
04/26/2017 Senate Placed on Today's Supplemental Calendar
04/26/2017 Senate Passed 2nd Reading
04/26/2017 Senate Passed 3rd Reading

Last edited:

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
I wonder what the cost of trapping, tagging or tattooing and spaying or neutering of the 10 coyotes would be. IMO it would be smarter just to eliminate the 10 that was caught.

Without looking it up I'd say a couple grand at least. That's factoring in equipment, supplies, labor, etc... That's just a guess, though.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And they thought neutering deer in NYC was stupid, now they are opening the door to :donk:donk:donk:donk like this here.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So they are releasing coyotes as "jackpots" in order to encourage killing more coyotes. Sounds a bit barbaric...but if the rewards were enough, i think it could work to an extent.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
So they are releasing coyotes as "jackpots" in order to encourage killing more coyotes. Sounds a bit barbaric...but if the rewards were enough, i think it could work to an extent.

If they started making jackpots large such as in your $10k number in your following post, we would soon start reading of complaints about trespassers on people's land.

buckman84

Eight Pointer
Thats more like some kind of contest to me, Brunswick county I believe had a bounty on beavers last year. Any beaver taken simply cut the ears off and turn them in and you got 30 dollars per set. Thats more of a bounty in my book.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I could help for free in the capture and neuter but I'm not sure my method would help them release them later. LOL.

2boyz

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
As a rancher told the biologist concerning neutered coyotes in Utah......"Ma'am, with all due respect, the coyotes are eating the sheep".

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
This bill passed the state house today.

I guess all that is left is for the governor to sign or let it become law.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
And to think that we voted these clowns into office. I say let's neuter the politicians and release them. :cool: