My wife gave me a week long trip to Ohio for our anniversary!

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Our anniversary was this past weekend and my lovely wife surprised the heck out of me by telling me she's paid for me to spend the last week of October hunting in Ohio on 5,000 of trophy managed private land. She's booked the hunt and lodging for me for the week. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I've never hunt anywhere out of state, well other than South Carolina. This past season I had mentioned a couple of times that I wanted to get back into bow hunting as I hadn't bow hunted in nearly 15 years and my equipment was outdated. Well for Christmas she gets me a new Hoyt. This is the time of year I don't think too much about hunting since I dont turkey hunt but knowing I'm going to Ohio in October has me fired up for not just my trip but this coming season in general.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wow..does she have a sister? I may trade mine in with benefits like that...and I've got a good one !
Congrads on the trip, and good luck to you.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Not sure exactly what county it is, I've got all the details at home. The outfitter is County Line Outfitters.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
That's awesome!!! I always enjoy hearing of spouses that support our love of hunting and do something so thoughtful. One of my wife's coworkers told her she was insane for letting me spend money on hunting and guns, my wife said she laughed and when she told me about it she said she'd figured out why that coworker was in her 3rd marriage lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broodc2

Four Pointer
Gotta hold on to the good ones. My wife and I are expecting our first child October 5th. An opportunity came up for me to rifle hunt 5 days during the Rut in western Kentucky in November and it was too good to pass on. I committed and figured I'd get a lashing from the wife so I was dreading telling her. That night I eased into the conversation, waiting for the blow up. Her response..."That's great hun, I know the baby will take up most of bow season so it'll be nice for you to get out there." Then I told her the cost. Her response..."Oh wow, that's a lot cheaper than I thought it was going to be." Score.

Picked a good one for sure.

oneoldinspector/hunter

my wife and family booked us in a guided hunt in North Carolina WITH BLUE DARK OUTFITTERS; WHAT A SURPRISE THIS WAS FOR OUR 50TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. I HAVE HUNTED ALL MY LIFE IN FLORIDA AND LATELY IN MIDDLE GA. HOPING FOR A GOOD HUNT IN NOVEMBER. IN NORTH HAMPTON COUNTY.