Gettin ready for Deer Season!

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
Well, sorta.

Dads on his way down this Thursday. We're all going to GoodGuys Rod Show and Swap Meet in Raleigh Friday.

Sat, off to the range.

He's bring the ol slick side we put a scope on back in January. Get it zeroed with some good old reliable Win 55g soft points for deer season.

July he's bringing his like new Springfield Garand we got him new in box in 1994 for $425 (back before garands went up to $150 per pound) to get it scout scoped.

Seems he's got a real itch to hunt with the battle rattle this year.

Says he can't wait to get to SC with the Asheville Group and over to T&M in Four Oaks.

Gonna be a great weekend. Cars and Guns!

Here's his ol slick side with its way high scope on a handle set up.

oqBm2Kl.jpg

I added a pad to it cause his face is smaller than a basketball and with a scope on a handle, ya need a giant face or a pad to get your eye aligned!

zI7WOc5.jpg

Last edited:

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
Probably not the Amega but the other one because its lower. Harder to get, specially when I can't remember the name but I got it saved on the want list in amazon cause I'm always forgettin who makes it.

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
He probably don't mind,he knows it will be dead on.when big boy steps out.

Bought him three boxes of SPs today. We'll ruff it in with FMJ but they always to seem to fly way different than SPs so will finish up with the SPs.

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
He ran 100 through it. FMJ shoots a bunch different than the same weight soft points. So we finished up firing 40 soft points at the 100, 150 and 200 yard gongs. Dead on and ready. He's tickled and the ancient slick side feeds, fires, runs like a timex watch....just keeps tickin on perfectly.

We shot the little short barreled hammerli revolver too....decided it was a keeper for a while as well.

So, I guess next job is to round up the stuff for the Garand and get it scoped when he comes down for our beach trip in july!

Last edited: