Food Plot Update

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
Went to visit my plots today and the rain really helped! The first two pics are my Clover and Chicory plot. The next pic are the turnips that were just planted on Friday and the last pic are the sunflowers that were also planted on Friday.
The corn has not come up yet! Hopefully soon! I have (18) 1-2' bare root apple trees scheduled for delivery this week. Going to plant those in grow tubes!
I'm really enjoying this!
!
9879407ced4274b6d84d930fb492f2f6.jpg

b1fa9ca4738aff963e1afa79293e2447.jpg

86e011eb76d14d578887607ed3b04a51.jpg

1c8826f0669211f2ba85a9f61bba67fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
This is my first attempt at anything this big. Always had a backyard garden but that was about it! This is very cool! I'm loving it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Looks great!

Question for you....I was always under the assumption that you should plant turnips(and the like) during the fall, do they do well in the summer and do the deer like them this time of year?

sent from...... Tapatalk

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looks good. I would recommend potting up those apple trees and grow them in pots this summer allowing them to produce a decent size rootball . Plant them in the Fall. They will survive and do better.

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
Looks great!

Question for you....I was always under the assumption that you should plant turnips(and the like) during the fall, do they do well in the summer and do the deer like them this time of year?

sent from...... Tapatalk

To tell you the truth, I never thought of that! I'm new to food plots and just trying to find what works for me. I'll let you know in the fall how this plot worked!

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
Looks good. I would recommend potting up those apple trees and grow them in pots this summer allowing them to produce a decent size rootball . Plant them in the Fall. They will survive and do better.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You are going to get to see how good a plot can look and how bad it looks at different times during the season. Turnips are typically a fall plot. They usually don't hit turnips until it's cold.

Don't be afraid to replant in September if heat kills it.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The turnips will bolt in hot weather, even if immature. But they make excellent bird food and green manure.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk