***Turkey Bowhunt Video***

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Thought I would share the video of one of my Turkey hunts with you. I have only Bowhunted deer for the last 20+ years but had never Bowhunted turkeys. This was the first turkey I shot with the bow. Its a little long but thought I would share my mid afternoon hunt it with you. It was a great way to end the season. Enjoy Mark

[video=youtube;RXrTEXqjJg0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXrTEXqjJg0[/video]

Last edited:

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
Congrats on the bow kill, nice shot! Couldn't listen to the video with sound so I don't know if you said this or not, but how far of a shot?

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
You turned his lights off pretty quick. He looked to be dead before he hit the ground. Nice bird, shot, and video!

25contender

Twelve Pointer
He was 45 yds. I practice all year so in the wide open it felt just like shooting at a target. I ranged him 2-3 times as he got closer. You can see the arrow if you look close enough. In the raw video footage you can see it hit him center mast in the wings go trough him and end up at the edge of the clover.
Congrats on the bow kill, nice shot! Couldn't listen to the video with sound so I don't know if you said this or not, but how far of a shot?

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks for sharing that, it was very well done and you put a great shot on that bird. Congrads on your first turkey with a bow.

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
That was a heck of a shot. I have shot several turkeys with a bow but at 5 to 20 yards. You must be a heck of a shot. I wouldn't even attempt a shot at a turkey that far and I have been shooting a bow for 35 years. Heck of shot!!

25contender

Twelve Pointer
I have a decent range at the house. Makes it easy to practice. I normally practice at 60 plus yds. Just a few arrows every few days but I try to make them count.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
I have lots of footage from over the years. I am hoping to put a few videos together to share with everyone over the next few weeks.

Johnnie

Ten Pointer
WOW, self filmed turkey archery hunt. VERY impressive. Notably, have you noticed the hen "jump the string"? She reacted and the tom didn't.

Johnnie

PROTECTOR

Four Pointer
Just curious, what poundage do you shoot? That was an awesome hunt! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Yes I watched her drop but he didn't even flinch till the arrow hit him. She was quite confused when he went down. I actually use the same seyup I use for Deer and Elk Hunting. 72lb 480 grain arrow and broad head. The broad head is a 125 grain Slick Trick.

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
Yes I watched her drop but he didn't even flinch till the arrow hit him. She was quite confused when he went down. I actually use the same seyup I use for Deer and Elk Hunting. 72lb 480 grain arrow and broad head. The broad head is a 125 grain Slick Trick.

Yep, that'll punch a hole in a turkey! How does it work with elk...I wonder?!:D