Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
70 lbs live mudbugs
2598b31cc78df326b96267dba441a644.jpg

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

witler

Eight Pointer
Never tried 'Bugs, is there any difference in taste/flavor in ones farm raised here in NC vs ones from the Bayou? Do you use fresh corn or frozen, like Birdseye?

Never tried 'Bugs, is there any difference in taste/flavor in ones farm raised here in NC vs ones from the Bayou? Do you use fresh corn or frozen, like Birdseye?

I've used fresh and frozen corn, mainly use frozen though, no big difference in taste.

I'm not chancing crawfish from here since it's already been said the quality from La. is better. I'll be placing my order today to boil them on Saturday.

hitman6397

Old Mossy Horns
The farmers market in Greensboro usually have some a couple of weekends out of the year. I am not sure of the dates but you can keep track online.

well my crawfish arrived on Friday evening as expected! Got the pot going around noon on Saturday... It was delicious! Must give props to La. crawfish co. They did a darn good job of shipping them here for not much more than what I could have got them for back in La. I'm surprised at how much my guests ate... I barely have enough for an etoufee now.

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

As an added bonus I ordered myself several packs of boudin!

IMG_1729.jpg

hitman6397

Old Mossy Horns
Anybody wanting local crawfish:

June 24th
Robert G. Shaw Piedmont Triad Farmers Market added an event.

Join us for our annual Crawfish Day featuring fresh, locally raised crawfish available for purchase. The event, sponsored by the N.C. Crawfish Grower’s Association, is one of the few times consumers can enjoy fresh N.C. crawfish at the market. Because of demand, shoppers are encouraged to come early.
Crawfish will sell for $6 per pound live or $8 per pound cooked with Cajun seasoning. Vendors will accept cash only.
There is a 5-pound minimum purchase for live crawfish and a pound minimum for cooked crawfish. There also is a 25-pound limit per person. No pre-orders will be accepted. Customers should bring their own coolers.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
If the Piemont Farmers Market is anything like the State Farmers Market in Raleigh, "shoppers are encouraged to come early" is an understatement. The crawfish quickly sell out in Raleigh.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Y'all got me going again. Guess I'll have to send the wife by her cousin's next time she goes down to White Lake and have her pick up a few pounds for us. I usually just boil mine and then put them in a cooler, sprinkled with old bay for about 15 min. then just eat them right out of the cooler. Don't want to fill up on corn and taters.