JMT Saber or RA-140-SST Trigger

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Does anyone have any experience with these two drop in triggers and is so, what were your thoughts about either ir both? Both are similar in price around $100. I like the look of the saber a little more but care more about function than looks. This is predominantly going to be used for hunting and target practice, no competition so I'm not looking for a real high dollar trigger. Just looking for something better and with lighter pull weight than the standard milspec trigger.

From the reviews I have seen, both sound really good for the price but I haven't found anything comparing these two head to head.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Personally I'd go with the Saber... I don't have one but I've burned through some rounds on a friends build and must say it's a quality trigger if your wanting a 1 stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Is there any reason you think I wouldn't want a 1 stage or any real benefit to the 2 stage? Ive never had a 2 stage but have researched them. I know they can be more accurate but since I'll be putting this on a 300 BO with max shots at about 200yrds, I don't see that added advantage for the price of a 2 stage. Also my personal preference is I like as light of a trigger as possible. Most of my guns are dialed in at about 2.5-3lbs so the saber being this cheap with a 3.5 is very appealing to me.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Well I went with the JMT Saber as TravisLH recommended and couldn't be happier. It feels great and was a significant improvement over the stock Mil-Spec trigger. When I first installed it, it was reading a little heavier than advertised coming in at about 4.8lbs (advertised at 3.5-4lbs). I contacted their customer service and heard back the next day. They said to try shooting it for a bit and that it normally is a little stiff out of the packaging but should go down on its own. They also offered to send me a new trigger if it didn't. Sure enough I shot about 30rds and retested it and it dropped to about 3.75lbs. Really happy with their customer service and quick response.