Best tomatoes

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I have some Napoli Roma types we bought from Costco. One is already looking red. I also bought a handful of started ones from a lady in the neighborhood, Cherokee Purple's and one other smaller type that she said does well in pots and doesn't grow over a two feet or so. She starts over 3000 plants in her living room every winter and sells them on Craigslist and Nextdoor.

We shall see how they turn out. Its a little tough for us living in a townhouse/apt to have the desired space with raised beds, etc...

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
With raised beds I like to plant at different times so everything doesn't come in at once, or try to anyways. So far I've planted Roma, Parks whopper, and German Johnson. I've got room for a few more varieties but haven't bought any yet. The Cherokee purple produced very well in the past and mine were very sweet to taste but Ive found I'm a fan of the bolder flavored red colored maters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JD1107

The best tomatoes are grown in the garden state.

Last edited:

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Haven't ever eaten a bad tasting mater or mater sammich. My choice for eating are the small tommytoes, just take the salt shaker to the garden and pig out. LOL. For sammiches IMO nothing beats the purple ones. Like someone posted earlier I'm getting mighty hongry. LOL.

Cootmeurer

Six Pointer
Brandy wine is my favorite slicer, Arkansas traveler or Traveler 76 is a great high acid canner, taxi is a great yellow Roma for sauces. But my favorite of all is called Matts Wild Cherry (can get it from Johnny's) - this is a tiny cherry that is sweeter than sweet - like eating tomato flavored grapes, or little packets of Karo syrup