Dog hunting bill introduced into NCGA

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yes there are some bad dog clubs. I know of only one that hunts around us down in Scotland county. Comes with the territory though. I knew of 2 up in Northampton county. There is also some sorry :donk:donk:donk still hunters and road hunters out there too. Comes with the hunting season unfortunately. Pisses me off.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
I know whats pushing this and where the money and reason is coming from, Myself and 2 others have done all the work. Not the Mclees.

McClees could not pass a fart at the General Assembly.

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I heard that some paid hunting lodges in the Eastern part of the state is pushing this bill.
Is that true?

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
McClees could not pass a fart at the General Assembly.
They were a driving force in it NOT passing two times prior, they were the sole reason dog deer hunters don't have the luxury of being included in it now. Don't sell them short.

I don't like them nor their tactics, but they get things done.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have not been able to keep up with things lately. What is the status on this bill? Any news or developments ?

JDHowell

Ten Pointer
They were a driving force in it NOT passing two times prior, they were the sole reason dog deer hunters don't have the luxury of being included in it now. Don't sell them short.

I don't like them nor their tactics, but they get things done.

theres a new gang in town, they will soon be irrelevant

BR549

Twelve Pointer
PCS Substitute coming Monday to restrict Deer Hounds to Captive Deer Farms only. Requested as an effort to appease a few counties and their Sherriff's.

** Kidding **

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like victory might be at hand.

The bill is not on the calendar for today!

gregor187

Six Pointer
Trying to get enough votes in committee before bringing it to a vote.

folks still need to write and call Wildlife committee members to express
opposition in bill if they have not done so.

gregor187

Six Pointer
Looks like Cross Over deadline is 27th,,,which means it needs to pass out of the house and over to the senate or it will die this session. I HOPE that is the case and if so we will be through with this for a little while.