Lost a Good Hound.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yesterday I lost the best hound I ever put a collar on. Dollar was the best fox hound I ever owned. He was off of ch. Gowen's Smokey G and a clown female. Some of you that fox hunt or keep up with the bloodlines will know this breeding well. I got Dollar when he was 10 months old. At the time I bought him he had already won several puppy hunts and continued to win field trials for me. He won more puppy hunts with me, won all age speed and drive money hunts and place in 3 day hunts in North and South Carolina. As he got older and retired from field trialing he continued to run weekly for many years and deer hunted in the fall. He has put his share of deer across the Pee Dee River. He was a pleasure to own and hunt, I can only hope for another hound of his quality one day. Dollar was 12 years old and will be greatly missed but I am certain he is in a race right now and I'd bet in the front of the pack.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I hate to hear this. Great hounds are hard to come by and even harder when we lose one. I think woodmoose sums it up, fairly well.

hate to hear that,,,,,a good dog leaves a hole in us when he passes

Last edited: