Argentina does not disappoint

NWNCmike

Eight Pointer
Do you think the harvest is sustainable? Do they limit the number of dove hunters? Or do people just not dove hunt down there?

From what I've read the hunters will never kill enough doves to seriously affect the population. If the hunters don't knock the bird population back a bit the farmers will resort to poison. And that would be bad for all the animals that would feed on the poisoned birds.

Last edited:

kahunter

Eight Pointer
I have been there twice. I highly recommend going during the combined seasons. Duck, doves and perdiz. You kill a bunch of duck in the morning, eat breakfast, kill a limit perdiz, lunch, then dove hunting. Its the "slow" time of year for doves. I think I killed anywhere from 300 to 500 an afternoon. Definitely the way to go if you are going to go all the way down there. Highly recommend it.

Last edited:

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
I have been there twice. I highly recommend going during the combined seasons. Duck, doves and perdiz. You kill a bunch of duck in the morning, eat breakfast, kill a limit perdiz, lunch, then dove hunting. Its the "slow" time of year. I think I killed anywhere from 300 to 500 an afternoon. Definitely the way to go if you are going to go all the way down there. Highly recommend it.

Our next foray to Argentina would be a dove/Perdiz hunt. For ducks we hope to one day to go to Laguna Madre and shoot boatloads of pintails and redheads. One group of guys that was with us at the lodge has been there several times and said the waterfowling was nothing short of amazing.