Kerr Scott Lake

WileyRoyal

Button Buck
I'm going to be in the area next Fri. & Sat. and was wanting any info. on the lake I could get. I've never fished in the western part of the state. I generally only fish for bream, crappie or cats, but if there's walleye I would like to try for some. I'll be trying for panfish mostly, I don't care anything about bass. Thanks

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
It's not really "western" compared to a lot of lakes past hickory, but it's a pretty lake and should offer up plenty of panfish.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Targeting walleye in Kerr as someone who's not been fishing the lake is a waste of your time. I would stick to the panfish, goodluck.

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
No walleye that I know of in Kerr Scott. Plenty of crappie and catfish though.

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My wife and I love Kerr Scott. Bandits Roost is where we usually camp and it's nice being able to practically park your boat at the camp site. We snagged a mixed bag, catfish, stripers, and hybrid stripers. After roughly 50lbs of fish caught (rough guesstimate), we threw everything else back due to no more room in our coolers.
18033332_10155172183103905_3940133822255992459_n.jpg
17991110_10155172490083905_130164443222495934_n.jpg
18033128_10155172488758905_6970300445993533746_n.jpg

robb_0909

I will be camping at warrior creek campground. Anywhere around good to kayak fish? Thanks for any suggestions?

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I have seen swarms of Bream in the coves on Kerr Lake. We caught Stripers ever morning right after daylight and late in the afternoons off every point that jutted out into the lake, some fun fishing up there..

robb_0909

I have seen swarms of Bream in the coves on Kerr Lake. We caught Stripers ever morning right after daylight and late in the afternoons off every point that jutted out into the lake, some fun fishing up there..

Never fished for stripers myself, what sort of baits should I look to use? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Never fished for stripers myself, what sort of baits should I look to use? Thanks.

We used to use Bayou Boogies but I don't think they make them anymore. Any lure that looks like a baitfish will usually do. Green and white bucktails or two and one half inch curly tail plastic baits on a jig head should work also or Lil Fishies black and white ones rigged on a jig head..

robb_0909

We used to use Bayou Boogies but I don't think they make them anymore. Any lure that looks like a baitfish will usually do. Green and white bucktails or two and one half inch curly tail plastic baits on a jig head should work also or Lil Fishies black and white ones rigged on a jig head..

Awesome! Thanks for the tips.

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thanks Eggman. Haha! Of all baits, we were trying to target catfish but caught all our stripers on chicken livers! Puzzling for sure.
:cool:

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Hmmm, first time I ever heard of Stripers caught on chicken livers...I have fished Santee-Cooper many times with chicken livers for Catfish but never caught a Striper on them..We haven't been to Kerr Lake in many years now..