Virginia Hunt Club looking for members

skydog

I know I usually like to tell yall that we only have runt sized deer here in Virginia and not to bother looking :D but my small club could use another couple members to help offset the cost of food plots and help with some work around the land.

Some details: 3 farms totaling 1200 acres in Sussex and Greensville counties. Primarily a still hunting club but during gun season we'll do some man drives and usually one or two dog hunts late in the season with another club's hounds. 12 members max. No formal rules or politics that you'll find at other clubs, just be respectful to fellow members and the land. Three work days requested per year.

No clubhouse but all the farms are very convenient to I-95. Properties are only 25-45 minutes north of the Halifax Co. Northampton Co. areas of NC.

If you're interested in getting more information send me a PM with your phone # and bit about yourself- age, # of years hunting, what game you like to hunt, etc. I'll try to respond/call folks as soon as possible as we're trying to get the roster finalized in the next couple of weeks before turkey season.

Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Id like to know how far the farms in Greenville County are from Roanoke Rapids and about how big.
You can PM me if you prefer thx.

skydog

The Greensville county farm is only a mile or so outside of Emporia- so 30 minutes or even less from Roanoke Rapids. The other two farms are ~20 miles further north up in Sussex.

skydog

And sorry, the Emporia farm is about 250 acres with the rest of the land up the road in Sussex.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks for the info. I know you can use a rifle in Greensville County but not sure about Sussex.

Have any pics of recent kills? Just thinking out loud of some things that might help ya get some members.

skydog

Yes Greensville is a rifle county, Sussex is not.

Plenty of large bucks have been taken off our properties over the last few years. Most of you who follow Virginia deer hunting probably know the reputation Sussex has established as one of the best big buck counties in the state and our farms have some of the best habitat you'll find anywhere. I would be shocked if anyone who came to see the properties left disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Melvin

Looking to join a club that is interracial or african american in virginia

Yes Greensville is a rifle county, Sussex is not.

Plenty of large bucks have been taken off our properties over the last few years. Most of you who follow Virginia deer hunting probably know the reputation Sussex has established as one of the best big buck counties in the state and our farms have some of the best habitat you'll find anywhere. I would be shocked if anyone who came to see the properties left disappointed.

Looking for a interracial or african american cl7b in virginia to join if anyone knows of any it would be appreciated

mattharris0414

Looking for a interracial or african american cl7b in virginia to join if anyone knows of any it would be appreciated

Wow.. really? Would it be ok if i asked if anybody knew about a white only club?

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I know a bunch of hunt clubs and none of them have rules against black people or any other race joining for that matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here, but there is also some clubs around here that are mostly black.
I'm sure it's not a rule or anything it just came to be that way over the years.
I would assume he probably had trouble finding a club that he felt welcomed at is all.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Melvin

Still looking for members?

My intent was not to disrespect or offend anyone. I am a 20 year military veteran and hold no ill will towards anyone. I am simply looking for a club to hunt with. I wish we lived in a world where I did not have to ask for an Interracial or all black club but the sad truth of the matter is that we all know that we do not. Thanks for listening.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Let me see here? If you had no ill will, would you not be color blind? Why even ask the question? Thanks for your service.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
This isn't the place for a discussion of race or race relations. There's an entire forum for that. Let's take the man at his word and leave it at that.

Last edited:

Melvin

Like I said just looking for a club that is adding members and one that would accet me. Thanks

Reactions: jug

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Melvin, there's idiots everywhere that have nothing better to do than stir. If you don't find a club, give me a call. I've got places for people to hunt and I can assure you that a military person with your time in will like the fees. Thanks for doing what so many take for granted.

JAMIE V

I hunt in Pittsylvania County and have been for 4 years...Great deer in VA.

Southern

Ten Pointer
I think you would be highly surprised at hiw many good clubs dont give a crap what color you are. The fact tbat you think they do is part of the issue these days with the continuation of race perception. I may be wrong but I wonder how many clubs you have tried to join that said no? You would be welcome at anytime to hunt with me if you are a good person, which I am sure you are.

jddog

Button Buck
I know I usually like to tell yall that we only have runt sized deer here in Virginia and not to bother looking :D but my small club could use another couple members to help offset the cost of food plots and help with some work around the land.

Some details: 3 farms totaling 1200 acres in Sussex and Greensville counties. Primarily a still hunting club but during gun season we'll do some man drives and usually one or two dog hunts late in the season with another club's hounds. 12 members max. No formal rules or politics that you'll find at other clubs, just be respectful to fellow members and the land. Three work days requested per year.

No clubhouse but all the farms are very convenient to I-95. Properties are only 25-45 minutes north of the Halifax Co. Northampton Co. areas of NC.

If you're interested in getting more information send me a PM with your phone # and bit about yourself- age, # of years hunting, what game you like to hunt, etc. I'll try to respond/call folks as soon as possible as we're trying to get the roster finalized in the next couple of weeks before turkey season.

Thanks guys

Jetmech

Button Buck

Thanks guys
Hello, is your hunt club still active and if yes are you looking for members?

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Melvin, here is a group of Vets that hunted our farm last year, come on down!
If you will join TFO you will have numerous ops besides our place.
Your profile does not say what county or town you live so I can't tell how far you are
www.thefallenoutdoors.com is THE place for Vets and current enlisted soldiers to hook up with other Vets for fishing and hunting ops.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My intent was not to disrespect or offend anyone. I am a 20 year military veteran and hold no ill will towards anyone. I am simply looking for a club to hunt with. I wish we lived in a world where I did not have to ask for an Interracial or all black club but the sad truth of the matter is that we all know that we do not. Thanks for listening.
Albemarle Hunt Club will take you but we are in Scotland county NC. Still hunting ain't much good after December. Hit or miss.
We hit a few good Saturdays with the dogs but I know most don't want to hunt with dogs. You want to come down for a visit next year let me know.
Jug