A bolt 3 trigger pull weight reduction?

22LR

Twelve Pointer
Anyone here know of a replacement trigger or how to reduce the trigger pull weight on an A bolt 3 rifle? Thanks.

gpduxbak

Six Pointer
I'm pretty sure the A-bolt comes equipped with an adjustable trigger. Should be a set screw adjustment

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
With an A-Bolt, you can order different springs to change the setting, I just did this during the summer...

With the A-3... damifino... :)

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
With an A-Bolt, you can order different springs to change the setting, I just did this during the summer...

With the A-3... damifino... :)

I have an original A-Bolt stainless Stalker for around 1991. I absolutely love this rifle and it's about all I hunt with, but it has a lousy trigger. I changed the springs as well years ago and it helped the trigger pull weight, but is still very creepy. I would love to find a drop in Timney or something similar, but haven't been able to. I'm following this thread carefully to see if anyone has found the answer. As for the OP, I think the A-3 is different, but I'm not sure.

22LR

Twelve Pointer
Guess I got lucky... :)

I replaced with the lighter spring from Timney and it's perfect... :)

I have two A bolt II rifles and changed out the spring with the Timney spring kit and worked out pretty darn good. The A bolt-3 is a totally different trigger system. No adjustment screw on it. Mostly plastic, not impressed with this one. Little creep but heavier pull weight than I like.

Last edited:

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have two A bolt II rifles and changed out the spring with the Timney spring kit and worked out pretty darn good. The A bolt-3 is a totally different trigger system. No adjustment screw on it. Mostly plastic, not impressed with this one. Little creep but heavier pull weight than I like.

Maybe I'm expecting too much. The spring kit I installed lowered the pull weight to a very acceptable level ( I don't remember the exact weight), but I still have creep. It isn't noticeable while hunting, but aggravates me on the bench. I will usually get at least one creep and sometimes two before it fires. Did your spring kits eliminate creep? Maybe I need to try another one.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What does Browning say?
I know when you complain to Ruger, they fix it for FREE.
If you send one back to Browning for ANYTHING. If you have had the trigger worked on, put replacement springs etc. When you get it back it will come back within spec. crappy Browning trigger. Count on that.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I had my factory abolt 1 trigger reduced by a local gunsmith. It's scary light. Have to be real careful when using gloves in the field.