Summit Goliath

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had an 180 max, which is basically the Goliath footrest & top,just rounded. I had issues climbing with mine, due to my short legs. I'm 5'11 & had to on the edge & stretch out to climb.

Sold it less then a week after buying it.

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
I'm 5'9" and had same issue on my 180 Max. I used another tree safety strap and wrapped it 3 times around the side rails, where the side arms angle down to the rounded shooting rail. I sit on it when climbing up or down. Problem solved for me. My son-in-law is 6'5" and uses same stand with no issues, due to his height.

I agree with you, it was a pain to climb at my height, and could not have kept using it without modifying it. I do LOVE the seat on the 180 Max, very comfortable. Hope you got a stand you liked.

I had an 180 max, which is basically the Goliath footrest & top,just rounded. I had issues climbing with mine, due to my short legs. I'm 5'11 & had to on the edge & stretch out to climb.

Sold it less then a week after buying it.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Had a Goliath for a few years now. Love it. Zero complaints. Killed probably 50-60 deer out of it.
I always wondered how any one could sit in a stand for 5-6 hours or all day. I still don't and won't ever sit in a stand all day but ever since I got the Goliath, I can see where it could be done. At least from a comfort perspective.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I just bought one this past season. Very nice, very very comfy...takes some getting used to in the way of climbing imo.

Plus I'm 6'4 and I have to get off the rail every time to get my feet in the right place to climb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dodgeman

Eight Pointer
I can't speak for the goliath because I don't have one. I do have the titan which is a little bigger and it is my go to portable. I'm 6'5" and it is plenty big.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I can't remember offhand which Summit I have but it's not made anymore iirc. The problem is, it doesn't have the normal bars in the base and therefore, Summit's footrest/extender doesn't fit it. Ugh.

Hungry

I bought one on clearance from Midway-USA shortly after hunting season. My first climbing stand. Got a really good deal on it. I've tested it out climbing up down, just get to get the feel of it. I'm 5'9" 210lbs and I can work the stand reasonably well. It locks on to the tree very securely. Seat appears to be very comfortable, but I've only sat in it a very short time.

I did a bunch of research and had pretty much settled on a Viper, Goliath or Titan. Goliath was on sale and I went for it. Can't wait to use it!

I still need to figure out how to assemble the sections together quickly and quietly for transport tho. For some reason it gets me all confused! :skeerd::D

Hempie

I just bought one and should be here this weekend.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
Have 2 Vipers and 1 Titan. LOVE them. sleep like a baby.. with my harness on! :D Couldn't believe titan as far as roominess.. loads of space. Had a buddy of mine that was moving to Texas had just purchased the thing the year before. Used it maybe 3 times, asked me it I wanted to buy it. Said he wanted $50.. I gave him $60!! Thought I got a good deal! :D

KillShot

I've heard the Vipers are really nice. I'd love to hear more about them.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I'm short. I hunt out of a summit occasionally. I usually have to use the "hand climber" method instead of the stand up sit down method. Instead of sitting on bar you use your elbows on the rails. It's faster for me. Sometimes it's a little hard on the solar plexus so may not be for everyone.

treestock

Four Pointer
Got a viper 5-10 225 #. Glad I didn't go bigger. Favorite climber I own all around ease of setup quiet, stable.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I have a Goliath and it has served me well for over 7 years now. I am 6'3" 235#. Very comfortable and solid stand.