Johnston County Quail and Upland Wildlife Federation Annual Banquet and Gun Raffles

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The 33rd Annual Sportsmen Banquet for Quail and Upland Wildlife Federation is being held on Monday 01 May 2017 at the Farm in Selma NC. I'm on the committee again this year and it should be a great time. We will give away between raffles, games, and sponsorship's over 30 guns that night. Most of the money raised that night will stay right here for local projects; we sponsor a food plot competition between the High School Ag / FFA groups, we have an annual scholarship for a student going on to Agriculture Science -wildlife conservation degree, we sponsor all the county's youth shooting teams, as well as host a number of hunts for our heroes with Freedom Alliance. Also this year we will return to Steak Dinner Menu

Info on sponsorship and dinner tickets haven't been finalized but I will post when they are.

The two big Gun raffles we are conducting are;

"44 Gun Raffle" Four people will each win a gun.... first drawn gets choice and so on. Only 200 tickets $30

Here are the guns for the "44 gun raffle":

1-Tristar "setter" model o/u 28 gauge with 28' barrel

2- Tristar "model Viper G2" wood on silver -20 gauge semi-auto shotgun

3- Ruger "Charger" 22 cal LR rifle (assault style)

4- Benelli "supernova" camo design 12 gauge pump shotgun

Gun Safe and Contents Raffle
One winner Only 100 tickets $100 each

Here are the items for the Safe & Contents raffle:

1. Champion safe - 24 gun capacity

2. Henry lever action 410 gauge shotgun (just released by Henry Rifles this year)

3. Ruger American .243 cal bolt action rifle

4. Atlas "Patriot model" auto sporting clay thrower - 50 target capacity

5. Some ammo and clays

You do not have to be at the banquet to win either of these raffles. On the 44 gun raffle if you tell me your preference order I'll pick for you in that order. I'll have these tickets with me at the DDC or you can pm me.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
More details on this event;
Regular membership $60 includes banquet and annual membership to QUWF,
Sponsor is $300 includes banquet for sponsor and one guest as well as annual membership for sponsor, Sponsor Gift off Sponsor gift table at banquet, invitation to annual dove hunt, and a "44 GunRaffle Ticket"
We do have Corporate Sponsor and Gold level Sponsor levels as well $600 / $1000 if anyone is interested pm me and I'll tell you those packages as well.
I don't know how many Gun Safe Tickets are left so I'd recommend getting in touch with me if you are interested because I still have a few.
We have a number of guns to pass out that night as well as some other great stuff. We have an absolutely beautiful Amish Made Quilt that will be part of the auction.
Should be a fun night on May 1st I hope some of ya's can make it.

Here is a link to the chapter website.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Last call on this event. I got to turn my stuff in tonight so PM me if anyone else wants in. Should be a great event next Monday at the Farm in Selma. We will be giving away over 30 guns at this event along with some other nice things.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I had a great time - well run event Mac - and I even won a gift certificate

I'm already planning on attending next year's banquet

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Glad you came John..... I won a gun on the general raffle Ruger 22 challenge tactical pistol.... I even won an auction for a deer hunting club. My brother in law won one of the henry 30-30's. I got a few other things including a gift card. I think we raised some good funds to continue the projects we got going.