Maine politicians to debate bill that would require antler restrictions

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
No but they do have a one buck limit ,and have very little gun or ML season.

Most of nc has a two buck limit and a gun season not that terribly long. The east has a four buck/six deer limit, prob as a concession to dog hunters. I dont see NC's regs as a horrible thing as is.

Per Ohio...grass is always greener imo.

Rifles with a straight wall cartridges are legal now , and nc has 2 months of gun and ML season.Plus there are more 200 inch deer come out of Ohio.I hunted there for 7 days and saw 13 different rack buck that would go between 120 and 170 inches.I did harvest a nice buck around 150 inches.I have never seen anything like that in NC ..So yes sir I would say the grass is greener.

Last edited:

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
Rifles with a straight wall cartridges are legal now , and nc has 2 months of gun and ML season.Plus there are more 200 inch deer come out of Ohio.I hunted there for 7 days and saw 13 different rack buck that would go between 120 and 170 inches.I did harvest a nice buck around 150 inches.I have never seen anything like that in NC ..So yes sir I would say the grass is greener.

they have things that irk the hunters who live there, too, is all i am implying. There is no perfect place. But power to you, i want to hunt there sometime myself. Good luck in the turk woods this spring!

I agree with about that ..you know you can not please everyone..I do hope you get to go up there ,and hunt I think you will really like it too..Good luck to you this spring.