3d shoots

ka30270

Six Pointer
I have been out of the loop the past couple of years. Does anyone know a schedule for the Charlotte / Indian Trail area 3d circuit?

careyhamil

Eight Pointer
This is pretty disappointing the lack of participation on these forums. I guess talking about archery is becoming less popular these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
This is pretty disappointing the lack of participation on these forums. I guess talking about archery is becoming less popular these days

I agree with you and longrifle, lots of info to glean here but not a lot of "traffic" in the archery section.

Thanks for the link about 3D shoots you posted. My middle son (7th grade) is on the Hunter Safety Shooting Team at school and is really into shooting his bow now. We're going to try to go to some of the shoots in the near future.

My youngest son (2nd grade) is really enjoying the arrows I got from you last year. [emoji1360]
bfd0708fb36e1fffefa311b8553016c9.jpg
7be8209069a330b6ff0680fc8875df46.jpg

Sent from wherever I was at the time...

careyhamil

Eight Pointer
That's really cool, I wish more schools had that option. I shared an article with my son about how many Ga colleges are offering scholarships for archery. It would be a lot easier to crack into than baseball or football.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
My high school had an archery team, I believe they usually did very well overall at competitions, and I know a few people I graduated with got some good scholarships! A man I hunt with used to be the coach of it, and has used that to get more people into hunting. I really agree careyhamil, more schools need programs like that.

Jeff308

Four Pointer
Check out the southern archery circuit on Facebook for all the info you need for Charlotte/Indian trail shoots

Last edited:

ka30270

Six Pointer
Baseball is his thing which is fine by me. We shoot a lot at home and plan to do some 3d. Planning on the R100 in June also. Thanks for the great links, that helps a lot.

Last edited:

careyhamil

Eight Pointer
If I could pick a sport for my son, I would tell him to continue with archery. My shoulder and elbow still give me trouble from all my time behind the plate and on the mound, and it would be a lot easier to get a scholarship or make a college team as an archer over baseball player.

careyhamil

Eight Pointer
The R100 is a fun shoot, but there is only two ranges so they bottle neck pretty bad. Expect ASA size event on two ranges. Get there early as possible and it won't be so bad.