swan bits and pieces,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
so saved the heart and gizzards from the bird,,,,,and may have scavenged some from other participants who aren't into the "finer things of life",,,,,,dang heart and gizzard has some heft to it,,,,,,,

n3PpFE8sbYyPV8m9IXyQhnAGFbdWTGhiZzs96amhtey5cDd4VZzlz2TPWhF75qRDHpwAmB6IaQ7NXQ=w352-h265

Jf_l2oH8PhoAzPyelo0k8wqUVunpu93Sbf1JWeUNoXwgPR5krD3AA8b0AFCyynbsxBsG9uuBs36NZQ=w352-h265

I sliced the heart like I would a deer or any other large heart,,,,,,,,and trimmed the gizzard of all the silver skin, etc an dcut it into bite sized chunks,,,,,,

cuCkyhpNsUTDsDjYH1lOims85ojlgjOhpKlg7zG1Q1kay4ZDTVgpDL564W7Zw7IOZFZxlP8j4epKig=w352-h265

the gizzards are still simmering (to gentle them up some,,,,they are tough,,,) but I seasoned the heart pieces with Tony Chachere's and sauted in butter,,,,,,

served up with some Swedish Gouda and little tomatoes,,,,,,,,,,,surprisingly tender heart,,,,,,,,,

YP4noCDL8M2kWD_TtkBpt-3FDPZn4ePr0hK3xJaYs4pvOSIi7RSZ_A-J-m9nBYLfYnVhEpFN6G7G9A=w352-h265

definitely won't be throwing any hearts away in the future,,,,,,I'll let you know what I end up doing with the gizzards (beside eating them),,,,,,,

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I'm gonna come down there and catch some of them shad with him and have him show me the proper way to pickle them. I'll bring ya some on the way back Tim. I'll even supply the crackers.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm gonna come down there and catch some of them shad with him and have him show me the proper way to pickle them. I'll bring ya some on the way back Tim. I'll even supply the crackers.
You are gonna have to show me how to keep those crackers on the hook with that bait. :p

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
here I thought you were a catfisherman,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Nylons Man!! Nylons,,,,,,,,,,,
I am, but other than a VERY slim part of my fishing I am almost exclusively a live bait fisherman. Most of them bigger than that bait you pickle. ;)

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I am, but other than a VERY slim part of my fishing I am almost exclusively a live bait fisherman. Most of them bigger than that bait you pickle. ;)

just messing,,,,,,,wouldn't wast good maters on a catfish,,,,,,now eaten WITH a catfish I am with ya!

and concur,,,,for BIG cats I am live bait as well,,,,,,and the more local the better,,,,,,,,