grilled swan breast

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
cooked some up the other day,,,,,,seasoned with Cracker Boy and grilled hot and fast,,,,,rare ( get it too done and it doesn't taste as good - same as with most game meat to me),,,,,

I sliced thin and served with some chipotle hot sauce my daughter bought me when she was in San Antonio for a conference (and thus the "Kick Some Mass" marketing),,,,,that particular chipotle is real good,,,not overly hot but lets you know it's there,,,good flavor,,,,,,,

swan_breast.JPG

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
How was it? My son cleaned his yesterday.

I loved it,,,,,,as with goose breasts I wouldn't cook too well done (I prefer rare/med rare as in pic),,,,,,,just let meat rest 5-10 minutes after taking off grill to allow juices to disburse within the meat

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I cooked my sons swan this afternoon. It wasn't my favorite...

My favorite (so far) is dall sheep but nothing wrong with swan,,,,,

But all folks have different palates and different cooking styles,,,,,some like one kind of meat and some don't,,,,,,,,they say that's what makes the world go around

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
My favorite (so far) is dall sheep but nothing wrong with swan,,,,,

But all folks have different palates and different cooking styles,,,,,some like one kind of meat and some don't,,,,,,,,they say that's what makes the world go around

I can promise you one thing.... If I ever get to taste Dall Sheep, it will be the best meal I ever put in my mouth. ;) But the likelyhood of that happening is slim to none.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm with you, main reason I stop putting in for permit.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odd how one can love it and another dislikes it. I thought the swan breasts were some of the finest meats I have ever eaten. The kids and wife did as well. My FIL took one bite and said bleh. lol

Now if someone brings pickled shad to the cookout you will probably see me gag after trying it. ;)

Last edited:

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
Odd how one can love it and another dislikes it. I thought the swan breasts were some of the finest meats I have ever eaten. The kids and wife did as well. My FIL took one bite and said bleh. lol

Now if someone brings pickled shad to the cookout you will probably see me gag after trying it. ;)

My brother loves it too. Like mentioned above some like it some don't. Some folks love squirrel, not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I can promise you one thing.... If I ever get to taste Dall Sheep, it will be the best meal I ever put in my mouth. ;) But the likelyhood of that happening is slim to none.

I got lucky,,,,,dang fool didn't want to pay to bring the meat back,,,,,I took care of that problem for him,,,,,,

one day,,,,,if I am a good boy,,,I may get to taste it again,,,,,,,